SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 28-10-10, 09:27 PM   #1
pollypigwash

Default SV650 K3 Lowered Seat

Ahoy hoy.

I'm selling my lowered seat which was on my bike when I bought it, as it also came with the original seat too. My bike is a 2003 SV650S K3 (pointy) so perhaps other members could specify what other bikes this might fit.

It's solid with no knicks or marks to the cover at all.
Foam seat is in good shape with no deformation at all.
One or two of the fixing staples (of 60/70) are missing.. staple gun will fix that not that it even needs fixing just want to give plenty of info, cover is fully secure.
Rubber load bearing pads are in perfect shape underneath, minor deformation to the small foam pads underneath but the still make full contact with the frame.

I'm looking for £25 collected (I'm in Camden, London) or the price of whatever post method you prefer, which I can look into on request.

Have a look at the photos

Cheers,

Niall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 1.JPG (72.6 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (77.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 29-10-10, 01:12 PM   #2
trail guru

Default Re: SV650 K3 Lowered Seat

Hi Niall I hope you don't mind my asking but can you guarantee it's a lowered seat? If you can I'd like first dibs please. I've bought two 'lowered' seats on the forum only to find they were standard (that's according to the measurements I provided Suzuki UK). They also said that a lowered seat has no distinguishing ID/marks/logo, so it's not so easy to tell.

The pic below of a lowered is from another thread (appols to photographer):

K3 LOWERED SEAT SIDE.jpg

Last edited by trail guru; 29-10-10 at 01:30 PM.
Old 30-10-10, 05:08 PM   #3
pollypigwash

Hey. Sorry about the delay, my bike is at work so I couldn't check last night and I've spent the whole day taking it apart and putting it together again with the help of spannerman to change the fork seals.

I've checked my standard seat versus the lowered seat and the plastic base is exactly the same. The depth of the foam seat pad is significantly less on the lowered seat with a different profile and is softer (presumably to make up for the difference in thickness) this would lower the seat height significantly. I can check numbers and stuff as well if you want? Or photos, quite hard to show the difference though.
Let me know what you want me to do...
Old 02-11-10, 10:26 AM   #4
trail guru

Hi pollypigwash - Did you get my PM re lowered seat?
Old 04-11-10, 09:33 PM   #5
pollypigwash

sold, packaged and in the post by 9am tomorrow