SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 24-05-08, 10:14 PM   #71
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Default Re: F1 Racing Thread

Does anyone else think Alonso could give Raikkonen a good hiding if they were in the same car etc???
Old 25-05-08, 11:12 AM   #72
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervox View Post
MONACO - RAIN - NO TRACTION CONTROL !!!
If it is wet and it looks like its going to be, its going to be an awesome spectacle or utter carnage !!

Oh and a nice bit of archive footage or "Mr Monaco" to what a character Graham Hill was

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition

Last edited by fizzwheel; 25-05-08 at 11:15 AM.
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-08, 04:36 PM   #73
thedonal

What a race! No giveaways for those waiting for the replay, but it was certainly eventful!!

Potential race of the season.

Managed to avoid the pre-race Lewis Hamilton Show too, by being far more entertained by the NW200. Another case of what a race- but here is the wrong venue...
Old 25-05-08, 05:30 PM   #74
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick86OK View Post
Does anyone else think Alonso could give Raikkonen a good hiding if they were in the same car etc???
Nah, not enough room for two in the same car

It would be an interesting race with the two of em in identical cars though.
Old 25-05-08, 05:33 PM   #75
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

SPOILER SPACE (for those who haven't seen the race yet !!)

Well, I think LH has certainly answered those critics who have said that he lacks 'maturity' !!

Ok, so he made a mistake early on - but then so did all the top drivers (some more than most eh KR ?? !!) but after that he drove a flawless race & thoroughly deserved the win.

Gutted for Sutil - 4th would have been an astounding result for Force India - I'll be generous & accept the pundits view that KR just braked in the wrong place - he made enough mistakes throughout the race to be considered for my 'Muppet of the Day' award - but in all honesty that really has to go (IMHO) to Alonso - is there anyone on the planet who thought that his move on Heidfeld at the the hairpin was going to work ???? !!!!

I think NP Jnr will be lucky to keep his seat st the end of the season he can't drive in the dry & he can't drive in the damp either - wonder if his old man still thinks that all of his behind the scenes 'manoeuvering' last season and in the off-season to get Jnr the drive is still worth it ??
Old 27-05-08, 06:30 PM   #76
sinbad

Mistake by Kimi, yes, but that was some incredible car control to keep slowing it down whilst going lock-to-lock-to-lock faster than you can say "gravelly voiced Finn".

Great race I thought. Kept me interested. LH a deserved winner despite being a bit fortunate in the early stages, he was so much quicker than the rest for the middle period of the race. The cars looked spectacular too, and you could hear them spinning up the rears all the time, brilliant.
Old 28-05-08, 01:28 PM   #77
Stig

I think GB should have been able to overtake LE. I was disappointed when GN broke his gearbox and was surprised that HZ didn't call in FD to change to dry tyres. When RG went in to the pits and came out in front of GW, I bet TP was gutted. BV could have picked up a place when the pace car came out but he was told over the radio by EW to stay where he was.

It was good a race and a good result. I normally hate Monaco Grand Prix but the rain and lack of traction control did add some spice. Shame every race can't be in the wet, might see some overtaking other than in the pits then.
Old 28-05-08, 03:46 PM   #78
glsuk1970

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigApe View Post
I think GB should have been able to overtake LE. I was disappointed when GN broke his gearbox and was surprised that HZ didn't call in FD to change to dry tyres. When RG went in to the pits and came out in front of GW, I bet TP was gutted. BV could have picked up a place when the pace car came out but he was told over the radio by EW to stay where he was.

Good race that, shame thay can't all be that unpredictable.

You've got to feel really, really sorry for Adrian Sutil though. Races like that happen once maybe twice a seaon and to be punted out from 4th place by a Fiat?? Gutted. Is that the first time Massa has not won from pole?

It's all shaping up to be a great season this year -a third of the way through and only 6 points covering 4 drivers from 3 teams. Be nice to see Kubica take a win soon just to keep everyone on their toes (with Hamilton second though, obviously).
Old 28-05-08, 03:55 PM   #79
Binky
Emily Howard rides an SV
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsuk1970 View Post
Be nice to see Kubica take a win soon just to keep everyone on their toes (with Hamilton second though, obviously).
Does everyone really like Lewis Hamilton on here???? I hate the greasy tosser.
Old 28-05-08, 04:21 PM   #80
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick86OK View Post
Does everyone really like Lewis Hamilton on here???? I hate the greasy tosser.
Whilst you are of course free to like / dislike who you see fit - I'm interested in knowing what causes you to call him a "greasy tosser" ?

Why 'greasy' & why 'tosser' ?