SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-11, 02:19 PM   #161
Pedrosa

Default Re: Tottenham Riots

Forget the debates as to the why's. Forget the P.C nonsense,(no pun intended.)

You take part in any kind of riot, then you will be met with Police officers that swing and lunge with their batons at will. Water cannon will instantly be employed. If that does not disperse and see matters calm down then plastic/rubber bullets MUST be employed.

Your such a tough guy Mr.Low Life Rioter? Go join up and have a spell in Helmand. That is where the truly brave young men and women of the U.K. presently are.(IMHO.)
Old 09-08-11, 02:25 PM   #162
Pedrosa

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
So in London it is a riot, in Birmingham it is a disgrace. In Liverpool, just another Monday night.
Very uncalled for Tim. I have no love for Liverpool people trust me,(and I grew up way too close to them!) However they have been the first community to see locals setting forward as a group to repair damage done to their community. Toxteth is not the place it was when the riots of the 80's took place. Today it is a very nice area to live and has many non Liverpool people selecting it for their base.
Old 09-08-11, 02:27 PM   #163
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Well, now I have electricity after two and a half hours, I am now catching up with this again.

I truely can't believe what i am seeing on the news. As for Boris and his broom....at least hes giving some sort of show of willing with it. Hes sorry for what has happened to businesses and is apologising, its not his fault is it.

The lot that have done this should be hung drawn and quartered. Strung up on London bridge. Or in the very least a very public show of their faces, put in stocks and missiles thrown at them!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:40 PM   #164
keithd

seriously though, can we stop suggesting these people go spend time in Afghanistan, go to the front line, whatever. Its a ridiculous suggestion, and of course one that will never happen in a million years. To my mind you are almost insulting the armed forces by mentioning them in the same sentence.
Old 09-08-11, 02:40 PM   #165
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Not being reported on the news but my wife is in London at the minute and is hearing reports that there is some trouble again.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:46 PM   #166
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
So in London it is a riot, in Birmingham it is a disgrace. In Liverpool, just another Monday night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrosa View Post
Very uncalled for Tim. I have no love for Liverpool people trust me,(and I grew up way too close to them!) However they have been the first community to see locals setting forward as a group to repair damage done to their community. Toxteth is not the place it was when the riots of the 80's took place. Today it is a very nice area to live and has many non Liverpool people selecting it for their base.

It was a joke, which I found quite funny ,
There is nothing wrong with trying to lighten the situation with a bit of humour.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:51 PM   #167
Owenski

Awww I feel sorry for all these badly represented discount shoppers we're seeing on the news.

Honestly though I wont be suprised if it quickly turns very nasty in surrounding areas. It wont take long before shop/home owners begin prepearing to defend their property and then we've got civilian on civilian casualties and no way of preventing/protecting others. We're overdue a good civil war.
Old 09-08-11, 02:55 PM   #168
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
We're overdue a good civil war.
For many years in the house of Dizz, there has been debates about this very subject. Everyone says, yes it is due, but it'll never happen.

Right now, you can see it unfurling before your very eyes.
The video that JameMio put up shows that the police are extremely outnumbered, and the only way to counteract this sort of dispicable situation is by normal folk taking things into their own hands to protect what they have built up as far as businesses and homes are concerned.
Violence never solves violence, but when those with the power to stop it can't help......people very quickly get fed up with waiting and will take it into their own hands.

If it kicks off again tonight, its really going to get very very messy, and shameful, but what the hell are law abiding people supposed to do? Sit and watch everything they own burn in hell?

As for parliament being recalled on Thursday........too bloody late!!! These people can't wait four days for you lot to get your act together!

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 02:56 PM   #169
Reeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
Awww I feel sorry for all these badly represented discount shoppers we're seeing on the news.

Honestly though I wont be suprised if it quickly turns very nasty in surrounding areas. It wont take long before shop/home owners begin prepearing to defend their property and then we've got civilian on civilian casualties and no way of preventing/protecting others. We're overdue a good civil war.
Shotgun to be on the winning side
Old 09-08-11, 03:03 PM   #170
Owenski

There is no where in the UK that you cant get to London within the day so the fact they werent there forming decisions on Monday is astounding. A riot in the capitol should have had cameron on the first flight back, no exuse there either!

I'd imagine thats been a hot topic in our area for everyone dizzy, I know if a race war kicked off then staying local isnt somewhere I'd perticularly like to be.
Just wish I'd paid attention to YC and BBadgers' conversation regarding converting common household items into strong explosives lol