SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-11, 03:09 PM   #171
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Default Re: Tottenham Riots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
There is no where in the UK that you cant get to London within the day so the fact they werent there forming decisions on Monday is astounding. A riot in the capitol should have had cameron on the first flight back, no exuse there either!

I'd imagine thats been a hot topic in our area for everyone dizzy, I know if a race war kicked off then staying local isnt somewhere I'd perticularly like to be.
Just wish I'd paid attention to YC and BBadgers' conversation regarding converting common household items into strong explosives lol
well exactly. The PM should have been back on the first private plane.

Aye its been a hot topic for a while, makes me wonder why there was a sudden spat of EDL random appearances round here a couple of weeks back...don't agreee with that bag o sh1theads either!

Not sure what has happened in Leeds yet, as I'm really only just noticing its been happening in places other than London. Although have to say, it appears Leeds is only a small issue.
I'm surprised Bradford hasn't started kicking off yet, but as a friend on FB said in his status

Quote:
has explained why bradford has been left untouched so far. I thought I'd share it with you to explain. 'the council has already looted the city centre and removed all the shops'

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 03:18 PM   #172
PsychoCannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
i sincerely doubt they are capable of holding a conversation let alone a front line
No but when we drag their corpses home, given the rising cost of copper we'd finally recoupe some of the costs we spent housing the scroats from all the copper and lead they managed to catch out there =p
Old 09-08-11, 03:25 PM   #173
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

The police never learn, if your going to shoot some scumbag do it in January, we never have riots/looting when its cold and wet.
On a serious note I keep seeing on the tele and internet about the causes and politics, forgive me if I'm wrong but did the goverment not get elected, did we all not have the same vote. I voted at the last election and didn't get the result I wanted but its no reason for this.
Someone earlier wrote about the birch, the birch is an inhumain punishment, but its quick, easy, effective and cheap. We also hear a lot on the box about poverty, but I haven't seen a child with rickets for decades, or people without shoes, you know people are in poverty when the front gardens got potatoes growing instead of lawn.
End of rant
Old 09-08-11, 03:30 PM   #174
keithd

I disagree about Cameron should have been on the first plane home. Some muppets riot one night ought to have been a problem that was nipped in the bud without having to panic and say "ooooh we dont know what to do without you. please please potentially make matters worse by fuelling a panic fire and come back" nonsense. its giving extra significance - or would have at the time of 1 night of unrest - to the scumbag rioters

obviously after continous troubles he needed to come back, not the first plane tho!
Old 09-08-11, 03:31 PM   #175
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I'm not surprised places are not being cleaned, as a report showed on the telly. People are obviously keen to do it, but why bother when its likely to be back to squre one tomorrow?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 03:38 PM   #176
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithd View Post
seriously though, can we stop suggesting these people go spend time in Afghanistan, go to the front line, whatever. Its a ridiculous suggestion, and of course one that will never happen in a million years. To my mind you are almost insulting the armed forces by mentioning them in the same sentence.
Sorry but I wasn't suggesting in anyway that they could do the work of our armed forces, but it'd save the public purse an awful lot of money by not having to bang them up in jail and then have them back out on the streets in a few months. Sending them to Afgan was a final solution.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 03:41 PM   #177
keithd

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Sorry but I wasn't suggesting in anyway that they could do the work of our armed forces, but it'd save the public purse an awful lot of money by not having to bang them up in jail and then have them back out on the streets in a few months. Sending them to Afgan was a final solution.
it wasnt a pop at you or anybody per se, its just every other status on facebook seems to suggest that, lots of tweets saying similar.

As Bruce Willis once said on a Sega Megadrive game i once had "kill em all let god sort them out"
Old 09-08-11, 03:43 PM   #178
maviczap
Mega Poster

Ah, I don't have Facebook, tis the work of the devil
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-11, 03:48 PM   #179
Owenski

Leeds joins the ranks rioting UK cities...tbh calling it rioting is a bit of joke, its purely looting.
Old 09-08-11, 03:50 PM   #180
hindle8907
Mega Poster

Well its happening in Salford, mum just called me to tell my partner not to go any where near the Salford shopping city, chopper is out and loads of scaly wags are smashing up the shops ect ect.
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
hindle8907 is offline   Reply With Quote