SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-04-06, 09:12 PM   #1
CoolGirl

Default It was bound to happen sooner or later....

My lad had his first shaving accident this evening, at the grand age of 10

He came running out of the bathroom after his bath with blood pouring from his chin and claimed that he'd 'banged it on the door catch'. I mopped him up, had a closer look, and thought 'that looks like a cut '. Anyway, we then went through some more dramatics whilst he threw up from shock and I wrestled him into his PJs.

Once he was all settled down on the sofa under a blanket, face firmly held together with sticking plaster, I returned to the bathroom to tidy up. And found a razor (BIC, if you must know, kept for underarm emergencies) wedged into the top of his washbag, with blood on it. BINGO. Once busted, he 'fessed up and soon admitted that it's the dumbest thing he's done so far by a long shot. Fortunately, it doesn't look like it needs stitching, but I reckon he'll have a stonking scar.

Lessons learnt:

1. He won't be trying that again in a hurry
2. He can't get one over on his mum.
3. Maybe and electric razor might be a good investment.

He'll be mortified that I'm writing about it! But that's nothing compared to school on Monday...... )
Old 22-04-06, 09:18 PM   #2
Anonymous

Ahh bless him.

IF he gets a scar on his face he'll have no trouble gettig the ladies, girls around here just love a guy with scars.

Still.. i occasionally do the same thing now at the ripe old age of 23... shaving in hungover stuper before work when running late.. resulted in a few slashed throat moments.
Old 22-04-06, 09:44 PM   #3
Peter Henry

Could have been worse mum,he could have been shaving "down there"!
Old 22-04-06, 09:46 PM   #4

did the same thing aged 6, picked up me dad razor and pretended to shave ....

feck me it hurt... and the blood.... right accross me chin n all...no scar though... lols...
Old 22-04-06, 10:02 PM   #5
Halonic

razor cuts are odd actually, they tend not to scar too much. I've sliced myself open on many occasions (used to do biology degree and not exactly skilled when it comes to extremely sharp blades and telling hand from dead thing) and the only scar I have is from a meat cleaver.

must be a factor of the nice clean cut they make, with very little tissue trauma
Old 23-04-06, 07:17 AM   #6
Cronos

I doubt it'll scar. Cuts with razors tend to heal well and create more blood and mess than damage.

Back in the good old days my dad would take the blade out of his razor so that my attempts to shave were with bladeless tools. Can't really do that with the disposable fellaes!
Old 23-04-06, 08:17 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Poor lad in a hurry to grow up

Once he has to do it for real, he will realise what a pain (No pun intended) shaving really is.

Best advice for him when he does grow up. Use a razor not an electric shaver as in my experience they tend to pull at the whiskers and hurt like hell. A fresh blade is less likely to cut the user than an old blunt one.
Old 23-04-06, 08:37 AM   #8
chazzyb

He'll be scarred mentally and will grow a humungous beard, full of wildlife. :P
Old 23-04-06, 10:03 AM   #9
Anonymous

lol have hidden all disposable razors. was hiding them from my daughter before she cut her leg off but maybe connor is a biggest threat lol
Old 23-04-06, 10:57 AM   #10
Razor

Boys will be boys...
Strangely the first thing I ever shaved were my legs, think there's something wrong with me?