SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-02-19, 05:39 PM   #7091
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Don't think i'm going to be in a position where mine have left the house & earning before we can sell up & move on or downsize.

But if they do, then one option for us is to move to Germany, but to the old East. Plenty of cheap properties to do up, and my wife has loads of relatives there.

Wish we'd bought the house next to her Auntie, big 4 bed-roomed house, huge garden, in the hills in a beautiful part of rural East Germany.Needed doing up, but my wife's uncle was loved DIY

Original on the market for €20000, sold for €5000 about 10 years ago . Its not as cheap now, but we thought about buying a newly refurbished 2 bed-roomed flat for our holidays, and that was only €30000
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 08:23 PM   #7092
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Electrical block connectors! Why do they never want to come apart for hours of wrestling and then they suddenly fall open once you've scuffed all the skin off your knuckles trying to reach fingers and hands in under the tank to get to them! An hour in and I realise removing the air box would have been the quicker option to access them, but I didn't want to waste time doing it.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-19, 09:20 PM   #7093
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

One yellow block to go.. buried deep down with no slack on the wires. I'm beginning to think someone's glued it together.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-19, 08:46 AM   #7094
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
oi. If Stephen Hawking can work from a wheel chair, why can't you get a job???? (and me)

I know that is tongue in cheek.

When my missus was off work recovering from cancer, she had exhausted her NHS sick pay entitlement and had to claim benefits. This meaning that despite being awarded an allowance, she also had to attend the job centre every fortnight to help her get back to work. Yes it was understood by all that she had a job, but was too ill to do it.

She had to have interviews with a lady suffering MS and in a wheel chair. More of a friendly chat, and we learned a bit about the interviewer who had been a corporate HR director prior to the MS and had taken a career back step to position she could handle with her problems. But several times we got a phone call not to bother coming in as the lady was ill.

I guess the government has to show itself as a responsible employer of disabled and make allowances for people with health conditions. (Unlike the NHS who have a zero tolerance of nurses being ill)

Well at the final "Interview" Lynnes said she would be returning to work as otherwise she was to be dismissed and was informed by the Job Centre lady, "But you need a new coat and shoes to get to work" and issued a voucher together with 6 months of £100/month to help her ease her way back to work.

I guess my message is that there was (Maybe gone now) some support to help the ill/disabled into work. Finding a tolerant employer is a totally different ball game!
Old 25-02-19, 10:46 AM   #7095
punyXpress
Mega Poster

The new 'Google Chrome' front page - nobbut a crock o'****e that makes everything harder to access.
Old 27-02-19, 09:16 PM   #7096
maviczap
Mega Poster

Just noticed a big gouge in the paint on the fairing panel of my poor old Sv. Happened the other day when my pushbike fell over, handlebar stem must have caused it, but I hadn't noticed it. Bugger ����
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 11:40 AM   #7097
Bibio
Mega Poster

give in one hand and take in the other.. yes i got a warm homes discount on my fuel bill but SSE have just increased their prices which will work out at the same as what i got for my warm homes.

been looking around at prices and i'm shocked at how much i can save its £370 a year saving. most of the cheep suppliers dont give warm home discounts but i'll be loosing that the next time round anyway.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-19, 05:08 PM   #7098
Heorot

One way to mitigate the increases is to have a fixed price deal. Mine is for 2 years (another year to go) with Npower so I have avoided the price hikes this time around. I also pay by direct debit, have a dual fuel deal and don't get paper statements. All those choices reduce the cost and give peace of mind for 2 years.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 08:38 AM   #7099
Chris_SVS

Bikers who think owning a 1000cc superbike/super naked makes them the bees knees, like it's some sort of right of passage to an exclusive club where you can't even park in the same area as the non-club plebs. The kind of riders who need an engineering set square to check tread depth on their new superdeduper Pirelli doubly double corsa RRRS summer edition-no damp days semi race slick tyres.

I'll wait for you up the road

Last edited by Chris_SVS; 03-03-19 at 08:43 AM.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-19, 10:38 AM   #7100
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_SVS View Post
Bikers who think owning a 1000cc superbike/super naked makes them the bees knees, like it's some sort of right of passage to an exclusive club where you can't even park in the same area as the non-club plebs. The kind of riders who need an engineering set square to check tread depth on their new superdeduper Pirelli doubly double corsa RRRS summer edition-no damp days semi race slick tyres.

I'll wait for you up the road
ahhh the all show no go club. go go power rangers
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote