SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 28-08-07, 09:33 PM   #1
ASM-Forever

Default Anyone up for a ride this Saturday?(01/09)

Just thought i would see if anyone is up for a blast on Saturday as its my last day of bike related liberty.

I'm pretty flexible on distance/route....might even be an option to go Oxford way or if you have the cojones hit the coast again. It was a good ride on Monday...shame it was just the two of us.

It will be a good chance to check SDMF for a pulse and to see Warthogs boots. Heck the ape might even be able to escape the kids

So anyone?
Old 28-08-07, 10:21 PM   #2
fat_brstd

Default Re: Anyone up for a ride this Saturday?(01/09)

well im in if its on saturday (got to be back for me mums bday dinner in the evening but im free all day) and ive even managed to bang together a route, no idear how long its gonna take but if you ride balls out the whole way probably just over an hour or if we take our time then anything upto 3 with stops if you guys fancy a sober coke or even a bite to eat halfway round.

As for how to organise keeping everyone together, my plan would be to lead as i have some idea where we would be going, then have whoever is willing to volunteer as the slowest behind me followed by everyone else and then probably big ape at the back (assuming he can come) as he probably has the most group riding experiance out of all of us, Also we should opperate a mirrors pollicy which is if you cant see them in your mirrors, wait. Also no more than 30 mph above the speed limit (cause instant ban sucks), NO UNDERTAKING (cause it is very very stupid, just wait till you can do it propperly) and if we come accross any learner drivers give them lots of room as that is one of my pet hates, they are already scared enough as it is without someone with 110db exhaust cutting them up its about being a nice person.

I have made provisions for a fuel stop right at the beggining and i bet you all get better fuel economy than me so we will not be running out of fuel halfway round.

anyway onto the route

(And i know i started it as close to my house as possible but its easy to get to from both oxford (M40) and marlow (marlow hill). Or alternitively we could meet at that pub (the fluer de lis) we all went to for that social night in the rain as thats only about 10 mins from the start of the fun part of the route and we all know where it is and its on a pretty nice road.

Last edited by fat_brstd; 28-08-07 at 11:12 PM.
Old 28-08-07, 10:24 PM   #3
ASM-Forever

Surely your fuel economy cant be as bad as mine?
Old 28-08-07, 10:32 PM   #4
fat_brstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
Surely your fuel economy cant be as bad as mine?
ive got through a whole tank in 75miles. 1 litre v-twin eats fuel and has a tiny tank, fill her up less than a tenner if you do it as soon as the light comes on
Old 28-08-07, 10:51 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

Just looked at the route....looks pretty tasty to me and im up for it

Now we just need to recruit the others.
Old 28-08-07, 11:32 PM   #6
fat_brstd

ok just had a quick go at trying to work out the time this ride is going to take and its coming in at about 65 to 70 miles. This can be made longer or shorter depending on what people want to do. I can cut i down to maybe 60 or if we go upto buckingham and back thats another 30miles of really good fast a road giving a total of about 100 miles. so its up to you guys, 60miles or 100miles, either way i dont care even if its raining.
Old 29-08-07, 01:57 AM   #7
rictus01
Mega Poster

well was looking for something this weekend, but to be honest it looks a little to A road biased to me, could be a bit boring, Hm......... have to see.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-07, 08:33 AM   #8
Warthog

Looks really good, I am busy in the afternoon however. What time would you be doing the Thame to Bicester bit, as I can pop out for the morning possibly. Up until about 11:30-12:00 I am free.
Old 29-08-07, 10:42 AM   #9
Sosha

tempted...
Old 29-08-07, 03:29 PM   #10
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

mmmmm possibly an Essex girl joining you too....