SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 18-07-16, 09:17 AM   #1
shiftin_gear98

Default Tank Grips

I headed this generically so others can leave feedback too on their purchases.

I have just purchased a set of Eazi-Grip tank pads for the SV Black.
Fitted them Friday, they state 48 hours drying time..

I got them due to sore arms/elbows since the purchase of my Alpinestars textile trousers a while back. Great trousers but a bit slippery.
Being a tight git (all my money goes on the house and 3 kids) I couldn't justify £54.00 for the techsomethingorothers that had been mentioned in a thread on here. After the RG ones were dissed I thought that at £29.00 these were worth a punt.

Fairly simple to fit, would be really simple to fit except for the separate logo! Tossers. Anyhow once you stick this on first and then put the pad over it's fairly simple. My OCD isn't quite happy as the grips aren't totally in line. You get one go at putting them on as the glue is damn sticky. As you'd want it to be.

First ride in this morning, what a difference. No sliding at all, the family jewels aren't in danger under heavy braking. More confidence leaning into the corners as I'm not slipping all over the place.
Well worth the money even if it turns out they don't help with the sore elbows.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 19-07-16 at 06:42 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-16, 09:10 PM   #2
DomP

Default Re: Tank Grips

I can vouch for the R&G eazigrips too, i bought the pro stuff or whatever its called (tiny pimples) in sheet form and cut my own slightly larger shape. They are plenty grippy and really help with feeling part of the bike.
DomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 11:46 AM   #3
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Just placed order for the eazi-grip tank pads for my AL7 the tank is very narrow at the back (a good thing IMHO but means you have to make a deliberate attempt to grip the slippery paint) - gone for the clear polyurethane ones as tank is blue and hopefully the blue will still show through quite well and make pads almost invisible, most of rest of bike and frame is black and did not want to make bike look too dark. Will post photo once fitted.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-17, 11:57 AM   #4
DomP

I've used the eazi-grip self cut stuff in black for my black sv. It's good and sticks like the proverbial

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 13-09-17, 04:33 PM   #5
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Received my tank grips today, although I paid for a tracked parcel Eazi-Grip never sent me a tracking number and I was out when parcel arrived, had to go to Royal Mail depot and pick parcel up. They did not even tell who they were shipping via, and I received an enigmatic 'your order is finished' email WTF ? Most people send a 'your order has been shipped via XXX and here is your tracking number' email.

To add insult to injury the two circular logo bungs (that you have to stick on first) were missing from parcel, had to ring them to ask for them to be sent out to me (with a refund of the tracked parcel fee I paid I hope)

Hope the product is better than their service.

Maybe this should have been posted in 'gripe of the day' instead.

EDIT - 14 Sept - logo badges arrived today and found you can easily fit them after the main pads are in place. Didn't get a refund for the 'tracked parcel' that I didn't get a chance to track.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Last edited by SV650rules; 14-09-17 at 01:34 PM.
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote