SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 02-09-19, 06:32 AM   #7601
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

This is the third time something like this has happened in the last few weeks. Each time I had someone else wanting it too that I got in touch with and said sorry, it's gone now. When it fell through each time, I then got back to the next person wanting it and said the original buyer has dropped out, so it's yours if you want it and they'd already found something else. The same yesterday. I had someone else about to set off to come and get it but this guy got it first so I told them not to make the journey.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 07:47 AM   #7602
Seeker
Mega Poster

What a horrible situation - I have always hated it when my financial necessities fight against my ethics; why does taking the high moral ground always prove expensive?

So your choices are (with my own personal, inherent bias):
1) refuse to give back the deposit and carry on. (and avoid looking into mirrors)

2) see if you can get your deposit back on your new bike and start over. (if you could it would solve the problem)

3) get some kind of short term bridging loan and hope your bike sells. (risky).

My conscience would push me one way and my bank balance another.

on a totally random, unconnected note. You spelt dilemma as dilemna - what's weird about that is I used to do so, too but that spelling has never been taught anywhere and has never been an alternative spelling yet crops up frequently in English and nobody is sure why.
https://www.quickanddirtytips.com/ed...mma-or-dilemna
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 07:54 AM   #7603
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I walked in to a patio door yesterday and my nose and lip are swollen to hell
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-19, 08:31 PM   #7604
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrensv650s View Post
i walked in to a patio door yesterday and my nose and lip are swollen to hell
Ouch!!

Last edited by garynortheast; 02-09-19 at 08:32 PM.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 07:36 PM   #7605
maviczap
Mega Poster

Someone trolling my Facebook marketplace sales ads.

Had a seal driver set, and a vacuum brake bleeder for sale. No interest when I first listed them at the beginning of the week.

Saturday evening I had 10 plus requests if they were still for sale. One 'guy' said he'd buy the brake bleeder, so had it ready for pick up on Sunday. I deleted the ads as I could see I was being trolled by someone creating fake user accounts.

Came home today, to find the brake bleeder hadn't been collected, so yet another fake account.

Can only think of two people outside my household who would do this.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-19, 08:34 PM   #7606
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I had a very weird similar thing with a Gumtree ad for my Tracer. One guy swore he wanted it, with extras fitted back on, engine bars, exhaust etc. Wanted to be round that day. Then couldn't make it. Arranged another day. No show. Then I was away a couple of days and he got in touch saying he'd got one from a dealer for almost the same price but with Nitron shock, custom dyno ecu tune, every bit of bling under the sun and dealer six month warranty. Sounded very unrealistic but there you go. So he no longer wanted mine. By that point I'd held if for a week for him and put other people off seeing it.
I got back to two other really keen buyers and they'd bought elsewhere so I'd lost the sale twice more.
Original guy then got in touch a few days later and said his friend wanted it and he would contact me. I pointed out that I was now deifnitely doing it on a first come basis as I'd lost two sales waiting for him.
He flew off the handle sending me all sorts of really abusive messages saying I was a moral-less seller and it had been promised to him. Loads of really over the top and abusive crap in a few messages.He accused me of betraying him because I wanted to sell to someone who wanted more mods than him so would pay more. I don't know where he got that idea from. I think he also messaged me in disguise on eBay and then set me loads more abuse on Gumtree saying I shouldn't be advertising is elsewhere or talking to others about selling it to them.

I dont know why I bothered replying at this point but I did correcting all his assumptions. I'd lost all other interested buyers at this point and said if his friend still wanted it in the spec that I'd rebuilt up for him then he was wlecome to it. He provided his friends number. No reply to text. Then two days later a reply saying "wrong number".
Then zero contact or replies to the original guy on Gumtree. By this time it had been two weeks and a lot of wasted time and other buyers lost.
I then started to realise that somehting odd had been going on and I had possibly been strung along to mess up my sale? I'd never had anything like this before and have no idea what someone would get out of doing it? Possibly they do it for fun? Or they're very bored?
Either way this experience and several other problem timewasters led to this being the worst ever experience I've had selling a bike or car. Next time I'll seriously be looking to trade with a dealer.
Old 03-09-19, 09:37 PM   #7607
Heorot

Or they have their own to sell and are blocking your sale so they can sell their own.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 06:01 AM   #7608
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
Or they have their own to sell and are blocking your sale so they can sell their own.

This did cross my my... but not until a couple of weeks in. If that was their intention it worked well.
Old 04-09-19, 06:04 AM   #7609
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Too many gripes recently. Bennett's have taken payment for a policy I already cancelled. Apparently they take payment at least two days early and it was already going through when I cancelled!? I cancelled because they sent me a quote for £630 up from my usual £180! So I am now out of pocket for £630 until they refund it, which can take them two to three weeks to sort at their end! That's our family food budget gone for the next month then. Thanks Bennett's!!
Old 04-09-19, 06:51 AM   #7610
shiftin_gear98

Chin up Adam, hopefully it's all just a temporary cluster **** and then it'll be smooth sailing.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote