SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 20-08-08, 04:31 PM   #1
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Talking Massacre Memories

So back to work and back to reality today, although I spent half the day staring into space with a grin on my face as I remembered little bits from the weekend. I'm not talking about the fabulous roads, or the great people, those go without saying. I'm talking about those little snippets in time that make you grin that bit wider.

Here are mine.

The German tourist at the hydro station who, on hearing that we'd done 400 miles on the Duke the day before, made a great show of looking to see how well padded Pete's bum was! Who says the Germans have no sense of humour!

The wigwam Waltons routine

Mike's grin as he described his ride to catch us after he'd marked the junction at Crianlarich

The Sunday rideout-ers all giggling as we returned the 'finger' to Quiff

Speedy Claire's bull, and the ensuing conversation which is NOT U rated

Northy on the Duke's Pass pretending to be some strange, dayglo-orange tree

Ralph on the Sunday morning explaining that he was far too p*ssed to explain why he was far too p*ssed to lead the ride.

Pete saying quietly to me at a set of traffic lights, 'Watch this'! Then him hitting Fizz's kill switch as the lights changed and scooting off up the road laughing his head off

The group of Italian tourists who came out of the visitor centre at Urquart castle as we were parked outside. Them taking pics of the Duke............and then their expressions and hand gestures when they saw Yorkie Chris's bike. One poor chap was so overcome all he could say was 'WOW!'

Yorkie Chris's expression when he finally spotted the clean (well, ok, cleaner) bits on his bike

So those are some of mine. What are yours?

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes

Last edited by Lissa; 20-08-08 at 04:44 PM.
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-08, 04:40 PM   #2
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Default Re: Massacre Memories

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
Pete saying quietly to me at a set of traffic lights, 'Watch this'! Then him hitting Fizz's kill switch as the lights changed and scotting off up the road laughing his head off
must try that one lol
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-08, 04:47 PM   #3
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Mike's grin as he described his ride to catch us after he'd marked the junction at Crianlarich
Shhhhh!! Tour rules.

Still grinning though!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-08, 04:57 PM   #4
independentphoto

Quote:
those little snippets in time that make you grin that bit wider.

Ralph on the Sunday morning explaining that he was far too p*ssed to explain why he was far too p*ssed to lead the ride.

And then asking Me, (who'd been drinking 'til around the same time) if I'd do it!

Made me stunned rather than grin - Luckypants deciding to vault the beer garden fence on Saturday morning without holding on to anything. And landing flat along his side with a mighty whack right at my feet That's not the introduction that I was expecting

Garry
Old 20-08-08, 05:13 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

The thunderstorm I rode through to get onto the M5 on Thursday

The look on Petes face when he turned to me and said "I've just put diesel in it"

Pete bringing me a cup of coffee in bed on Sunday morning in a vain attempt to get me to get up

Gunning it over Glencoe on Saturday and Monday afternoon, I was on my own for miles and miles, I liked the solitude I do alot of riding by myself and I really enjoyed those few minutes.

Yorkie Chris' bike sounding louder and louder over the weekend by the time Monday arrived it was starting to sound like a Lancaster Bomber.

The look on Northwinds face when I pulled up at the campsite on Friday and gave him back his "Disco" glass that he'd left at the AR campsite.

The challenge of riding home on Monday.

Shouting at myself "dont touch that f*cking brake lever" after I went into a bend to hot and then the grin as I came out of the corner in one piece

Seggons absoloutly canning the nuts of his restricted SV. I reckon his throttle cable must have stretched a good few inches by the time he got home.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-08, 09:20 PM   #6
Tiger 55

Going the fastest I've ever gone on the SV (I don't know what came over me) and being passed by a waving Larry the Lamb.

Pete noting at the next stop how difficult it is to overtake an SV.

A disappointed Italian at Ballachulish - "only one Ducati?"

Discovering I was getting two rolls and sausage on Saturday morning.

Realising the fire smoke was going to keep the midgies away!

Running in the first half a dozen bikes between Tyndrum and Callendar. (But my god that's hard work, I'll stick to mid-pack thanks.)

Heads turning everywhere we went...
Old 20-08-08, 09:22 PM   #7
tosher

dyziowg catching his front end slide on his toes In the p1$$ing rain just outside Creiff on the way up .

Sitting at Ballachulish as carelesschucha and a few others contemplated Glen Coe "" its really amazing I think I might take my time and enjoy the Views "" nods all round , as soon as we left all forgotten, and I was breathing fumes as bikes disappeared into the horizon scaring the carp out of every cage driver in sight . Quality .
Old 20-08-08, 09:52 PM   #8
-Ralph-

Excellent thread Lissa!

Kilted Ginger pulling a 25 year old Highland Park and a Creme Brulee torch out of his camping gear. I thought I took everything but the kitchen sink camping, but Kilted takes the kitchen sink AND the contents of the chefs cupboard! The Highland Park was lovely by the way!

Riding the loop at Kinlochleven, then seeing Pete's grin as he pulls up behind me, followed by Yorkie Chris' bigger grin! I didn't know that road was there and I'm never going to pass by it again without riding it.

The laughter inside Carelesschucca's helmet after I rode up to him singing the batman song between Ballachulish and Glencoe, then the most enthusiastic one finger salute ever given, the laughter in my helmet, then giggles and renditions of "na na na Batman" inside my helmet that kept erupting for the rest of the day everytime his hiz viz started flapping behind him.

Sitting in the gazebo at 4am on Sunday with a bottle of whisky in hand, surrounded by the rest of the SV Ecosse crew.

Walking into the shelter on the Sunday morning and asking Lissa if I was really there, or was I still dreaming?

Catching up with the guys at the Drovers on the Sunday night after I thought the weekend was over

Lowest moment - Watching you all ride out of the campsite on the Sunday morning, then sitting in my tent feeling sorry for myself. I'm never getting slaughtered on a biking weekend again!

Last edited by -Ralph-; 20-08-08 at 09:57 PM.
Old 20-08-08, 10:29 PM   #9
Tilt

Quote 1

"Tour Buses are the enemy"

Quote 2

"Its restricted"

Quote 3

"the VFR DID kick in"

Quote 4

"the bike wanted to go left"

Quote 5

"it ran better with some diesel"

Quote 6

"That tyre looks a little worn"

Last edited by Tilt; 20-08-08 at 10:35 PM.
Old 20-08-08, 10:34 PM   #10
northwind
Mega Poster

Naming no names, but "I have to shag that man"
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote