SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 21-07-13, 10:04 PM   #1
liammatador

Default Indicator fitting assistance - Oxford area?

...I need to drill two small holes in each side of the front fairing of my 2002 curvy Sv650S. It's for a couple of aftermarket indicators that until today were held on with adhesive. It worked well until I was whizzing back from Wales today and one detached and hung about without my knowledge.

Then I saw it swinging around and pulled over. so now I need to make some holes to screw them on, I've learned my lesson...

Is there anyone in the Oxfordshire area that could help me at all? I don't want to break the fairing. If not, anyone got any advice?

Thanks so much in advance

Liam
Old 22-07-13, 06:18 AM   #2
stuR

Default Re: Indicator fitting assistance - Oxford area?

Ive never drilled a fairing, but if youve got a drill you should be able to diy. Start off with a small hole once youve marked its location, work slowly so you dont stree the plastic. Once youve got a small hole, you can increase it in small stages of a mm or so until you get the right size.
Old 25-07-13, 04:01 AM   #3
Serdna

Default Re: Indicator fitting assistance - Oxford area?

Mate ill come take a look in the next few days or meet you somewhere? Im working nights in cowley thur and fri starting 5 or you could come to mine over the weekend for a tea and a chat while we take a look. If you work at the MINI plant that would make things easier....

I don't have a drill but unless your original indicator holes have been blocked off I wouldn't be thinking about drilling the fairing.