SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 18-05-09, 08:36 PM   #1
carsounds_dan

Default SV650 with GSXR forks £1000!!!

Hi all,

After much deliberation it's time for the bike to go.
History:
I brought it off of Ben Mills about a 7 months, it's got lots of service history including the original PDI forms etc. I've done 2 oil changes since I've had it and a new one will be done before sale.
The engine wasn't looked after by Mr Ben Mills (ran out of oil) and was replaced, I had this inspected by a very trusted mechanic of mine who said all is in order and having ridden it for the last 3000 miles of it's life I have no reason to suspect otherwise.

Since I have owned the bike it's been in an accident. I came off it completely my fault, no other vehicles involved. It damaged the front fairings, the tank, clip on and rearset on the drivers side. The bike was FULLY stripped down of engine and all so I could inspect the frame for any damage, the frame was unscathed other than a few minor marks on the factory paint so the bike was fully re-assembled with freshly greased bearings etc. I have covered 800 miles since.

Although the front end appeared to have no impact damage what so ever on re-assembly I noticed that the front forks were bent. I then replaced the entire front end with one that I brought off of SVRash from the org. I payed 625 great british pounds for it and it has transformed the feeling of the bike. I will add a link to the forsale thread on here later when I have found it which displays exactly what I have on the bike.

I brought some fairings off of eBay which included the tank to fit the bike, they're in a lovely bright purple colour with gold fleck in the paint. I brought them at first to re-paint but after spending a couple of weeks riding it I found out that it really didn't bother me, I got seen more by other motorists and all the locals soon realised who it was coming down the road.

I brought a second hand pair of Gilles rearsets designed for a SRAD which fit fine and have a remarkable feel to them.

The bike was re-assembled after an oil change and valve clearance check to what it is now.

Sale is legitimate and is to fund a business venture building track cars (if you know anyone interested let me know).

Spec:
2002 Suzuki SV650S
Engine is standard.
Renegade dual underseat exhaust system with stubbied cans.
Renegade airbox kit which includes larger jets, aluminium bellmouths and modified airbox.
Miniture indicators all round.
Smoked rear light.
lower fairings (not fitted but painted matching the purple).
GSXR750 front end with braking wavey discs, TLR clip-ons, oxford heated grips.
Upgraded Horn.
Datatool System 3
AlphaDot system.
Purple fairings with gold fleck. Black powdercoated wheels.
Large amount of service history and owned by an enthusiast(me) for the last 7 months.

As it stands now it is SORN'd and not got an MOT, it ran out about a month ago and I haven't been using it due to the bad weather. I can put a years MOT onto the bike for an extra £50 to cover my time and the cost of it.

Also up for sale with it is an Abba stand with fitting kit to suit the bike (please note that the stand was originally for a ZXR400 but has since been adapted on my lathe to fit the SV650S).

I am open to serious offers on this, the bike has been looked after alot by me with countless nights spent in the garage cleaning parts up etc and regular servicing being number one priority. The bike has truely taught me how to ride a motorcycle properly and has been great fun to ride around over the summer months. It will be sad to see it go but a new chapter is ahead.

Viewing is by appointment only and I would highly recommend coming in a car as my remote position makes reaching me in these weather conditions pretty hard.

Contact me through pm or email on
danielelias@hotmail.co.uk
or 07843155353

The bike is located in West Sussex near Haywards Heath.

Many Thanks

Old 18-05-09, 09:08 PM   #2
Jamiebridges123

Default Re: SV650 with GSXR forks £1000!!!

WHAT!!!!!! Omg... Ehhh..... I want that..

Anyone want to buy my curvy?
Old 18-05-09, 09:14 PM   #3
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsounds_dan View Post
It damaged the ...rearset on the drivers side.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113110
The thread you're looking for?

Why so cheap
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-09, 09:57 PM   #4
carsounds_dan

sorry not the drivers side, the RIGHT HAND SIDE... it's the cager in me you see...
and yes that was the thread. thanks.
so cheap... it's missing a few bits of trim, a wing mirror and isn't taxed or MOT'd. I don't think there would be a problem in getting it MOT'd but I'm after a quick sale.
Simple, first one with £1000 here takes her away.
Old 27-05-09, 09:05 PM   #5
carsounds_dan

BUMP... open to offers.
Old 28-05-09, 02:28 PM   #6
Neeja

I'd give you £150 for me to come down and swap the front ends over on my bike so I take your GSX-R one and you have my standard one
Old 28-05-09, 02:58 PM   #7
carty

Hi Dan, is this bike still for sale? How quickly do you need to get rid of it? Could you hold on to it for a couple of weeks if you took a deposit? Interested, Cheers, Matt
Old 28-05-09, 03:58 PM   #8
AndyBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeja View Post
i'd give you £150 for me to come down and swap the front ends over on my bike so i take your gsx-r one and you have my standard one
+1
and i would swap you those rearsets,exhaust as well
Old 28-05-09, 04:34 PM   #9
carsounds_dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neeja View Post
I'd give you £150 for me to come down and swap the front ends over on my bike so I take your GSX-R one and you have my standard one
If the bike doesn't sell I wouldn't mind the front end swap... BUT definately not for £150.

And as for the exhaust and rearsets... again.. if the bike doesn't sell I'd be willing to do this... again... time will tell.

Last edited by carsounds_dan; 28-05-09 at 04:35 PM.
Old 28-05-09, 05:40 PM   #10
Neeja

Was basing the amount off the fact that you won't really get any less for it not having a GSX-R front, but whatever you think's a sensible amount is would be good