SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 22-08-06, 04:40 PM   #1
valleyboy

Default Bank holiday monday 28th Aug

As nobody has come up with anything better, I suggest a bimble around my kneck of the woods....

either start in Abergavenny, and work towards Aberdare, or other way around.... start in Aberdare, and work towards Abergavenny...

route, well, the only familiar bit you lot will know is 1000 sheep road, the rest is all back roads etc.. where Rich's bike will like.. lots of great views (as long as no rain!) it involves going past Ystrafelta through some back roads that way, and past Talybont resevoir and some other bits neither of you lot have seen yet....

Old 22-08-06, 05:22 PM   #2
Beenz

Default Re: Idea for monday

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
As nobody has come up with anything better, I suggest a bimble around my kneck of the woods....

either start in Abergavenny, and work towards Aberdare, or other way around.... start in Aberdare, and work towards Abergavenny...

route, well, the only familiar bit you lot will know is 1000 sheep road, the rest is all back roads etc.. where Rich's bike will like.. lots of great views (as long as no rain!) it involves going past Ystrafelta through some back roads that way, and past Talybont resevoir and some other bits neither of you lot have seen yet....
Looks like I've got all days covered this weekend, The Doc has an idea worrying the Mendips, I might (weather permitting) join up with the Midland lot for a blat around there on Sunday to Rutland water n stuff (need to check times to get back though or I'm in trouble, again!).

This one sounds pretty good. Can you post a full route though with the road names, just so if we get split up by sheep stepping into the road or one of those four wheeled things breaking up the group. Oddly enough I'm looking forward to 1000 sheep road... for the road! Also like to know where I'm going.

Old 22-08-06, 05:35 PM   #3
valleyboy

Will look over a map and run through some numbers for you lot afterwards... popping off down to Swansea to see someone I aint seen since just after I crashed last year I may be late....

Old 22-08-06, 05:44 PM   #4
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyboy
Will look over a map and run through some numbers for you lot afterwards... popping off down to Swansea to see someone I aint seen since just after I crashed last year I may be late....
Nice one VB, I've done a few trips to your country and bods have said where did you go, means more when you can say better than 'I dunno, was trying to follow some green loon, but the roads were great'

Old 22-08-06, 06:47 PM   #5
anna
Mega Poster

errrr I thought monday was a jaunt over to Glouster to keep the lads Swindon way in order??!
Old 22-08-06, 06:48 PM   #6
the white rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna
errrr I thought monday was a jaunt over to Glouster to keep the lads Swindon way in order??!
Thats if they organise something. Me, Ill go with whoever shows the initititititititiave..mercenary!

Old 22-08-06, 07:08 PM   #7
Beenz

We really need a good smelling checker for incurreks stelped worms

Old 22-08-06, 09:30 PM   #8
lemmings999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenz
We really need a good smelling checker for incurreks stelped worms
stepled worms?

arent they a delicacy

Old 23-08-06, 07:18 AM   #9
cuffy

I'm up for a play in "the valley's" Never ventured that far

As i still have no access to the interweb at home can someone text me to let me know if its still going ahead and what times were meeting.

Old 23-08-06, 08:14 AM   #10
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuffy
I'm up for a play in "the valley's" Never ventured that far

As i still have no access to the interweb at home can someone text me to let me know if its still going ahead and what times were meeting.
Yup, I got you number. Will let you know the important stuff like when and where. With us lot it'll change anyway

Closed Thread