SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-07, 06:31 PM   #41
Law

Default Re: AE08 - The Event of Next Year, Can you help ?

I fancy a hog roast at Vipers as well.

Old 24-07-07, 07:39 PM   #42
valleyboy

Im sure Stretchie will be along if you promise him a spit roast....

Old 24-07-07, 07:40 PM   #43
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

vipers suggestion sounds tempting to me
BTW ARo7 was not in the lake district it was in the Yorkshire Dales...soz mate being a local kinda makes ya territorial.
northumberland has some mega roads according to im indoors and he agrees with wot gettin2dizzy says

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
Old 24-07-07, 09:52 PM   #44
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettin2dizzy View Post
(feel free to delete )
My suggestion - North East/Northumberland
Location - absolutely beautiful part of England that nobody know about- very different to anywhere else that the AR have been to. Easy to get to on M1 - I drive from Kent the whole time. And perhaps about time a AR that the ecosse posse can get to easily.
Roads - empty, relatively camera free and in the best roads in Britain book referred to every road there being worthy of being in! We haven't suffered from all the bonkers leglislation you guys have down there. I'd be willing to draw up a few days of routes Theres so many interesting places enroute, castles, Islands, more castles...
Accomodation - loads of cheap camping and B&Bs, would be easy to book a large field. (i could expand on this if necessary)

Bearing in mind the north meets south will be down south next year (i presume as it's their turn), I think a Northern AR would suit EDIT: - ok that's wrong! i just seem to recall that people fancied a reverse. I may have imagined it hehe
Agreed... with Dizzyblond other .5, and just had an email from WRC63 stating the same.
Old 25-07-07, 12:08 AM   #45
Moffatt666

I like Vipers idea as it sounds logistically sensible (on site catering etc) and I'm a big fan of that part of the country!

Old 25-07-07, 01:43 AM   #46
melody

I think Vipers idea is brilliant. But I'm easy me. I'll go anywhere and could even be persuaded to camp this time.

Melody

Old 25-07-07, 07:25 AM   #47
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody View Post
I'm easy me. I'll go anywhere and be persuaded to be camp
Has Stretchie been hacking into your account again Melody?

Seriously though, I've got a North Durham/Northumberland rideout route of 118 miles, a camping field at a pub which already holds biker events (and no problem with neighbours and noise - they run a music festival too), easy to get to from major routes around the country, with some cracking scenery, towns nearby for a beer run... and it's only about 1/4 mile from my Mum and Dad's hous!

It's another option... I'd be very happy with Viper's suggestion but the suggestion of a Northumberland event set me wondering how far the route in my head was - conveniently almost exactly 120 miles!

Last edited by Dan; 25-07-07 at 07:29 AM.

Old 25-07-07, 07:30 AM   #48
the white rabbit

I think thats a great idea ( Id did go to an AR once...). I dont think the roads would be as good as those in south/mid wales (but happy to be corrected) and anyway its not all about the roads as NS is, but the overall package sounds unbeatable. Also I think its great to have a flat fee and thats all your going to spend all weekend (except beer and incidentals). Great idea!

Old 25-07-07, 07:36 AM   #49
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRCSixtyThree View Post
Has Stretchie been hacking into your account again Melody?

Seriously though, I've got a North Durham/Northumberland rideout route of 118 miles, a camping field at a pub which already holds biker events (and no problem with neighbours and noise - they run a music festival too), easy to get to from major routes around the country, with some cracking scenery, towns nearby for a beer run... and it's only about 1/4 mile from my Mum and Dad's hous!

It's another option... I'd be very happy with Viper's suggestion but the suggestion of a Northumberland event set me wondering how far the route in my head was - conveniently almost exactly 120 miles!
Post up a map of the location Dan - just to give people a good idea of how close/far away Northumberland is from them.... Otherwise suggestions are a little thin on the ground!
Old 25-07-07, 07:38 AM   #50
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Remeber peeps, we'er not voting for which one you want to attend just yet, all we're after is ideas for suitable Venues.

So far we've got

Gettin2Dizzy, WRC63 - Northumberland / North East
Viper & Myself - Somerset
Viney - South Wales

And then a possible South Wales Elan Valley ( Hope I've got my Geography right ) from valleyboy.

Keep up coming and thanks for the feedback so far, dates etc will be sorted out once we've got a location sorted

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Closed Thread