SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-12-11, 02:54 PM   #1
DunkerT

Default Curvy Fairings options.....?

Hey all,

So, I'm planning to buy my bike (Curvy SV650S with upper and lower fairings) back from the insurance company (as long as they don't take the pish with the salvage price). I know the fairings are scratched and cracked so was planning to put some new (sexier) ones on there. I've been doing some serious seaching on this site and spotted some cool ideas. So far the fairings options I've come across are:

Anyone got any other fairing suggestions? I would preferably like to have the bike ride-able on the road (but look cool for track days). Ofcourse the option of repairing the scratched and cracks is always there.....

All suggestions welcome!
Old 01-12-11, 04:42 PM   #2
Rob969

Default Re: Curvy Fairings options.....?

I've looked into getting the svxr fairings before but by the time you buy the Fairing, fitting kit, Lights, and tail unit and added the VAT your looking at over £650 before you've even got them painted.
Old 02-12-11, 06:55 AM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

Have to agree with Rob, it would cost quite a lot of money after sourcing lights, subframe etc.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-11, 08:55 AM   #4
DunkerT

Ouch, that's quite a big bill! Although if I can get market value for my bike from the insurance company and a decent salvage price then I should be able to put those on with a bit of money to spare for a nice paint job....

Has anyone tried to put lights into the BB plastics race kit? I do like their kit but would like to be able to ride the bike on the road (getting back and forth to the track )