SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-06-08, 11:05 AM   #1
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Shed break in!

Some low life decided to help thierselves to the contecnts of our shed yesterday/The night before!

So this means a grands worth of mountain bikes and accessories, lawnmower, garden vac, my secondary tool box with about £250 of tools , my favourite drill (Although the battery needed replacing), and some garden tools!

So blast and death to the thieving scumbags that took it.

So then, what can i do to make my shed more secure? Its a standard 6x4 single hasp external hinges.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-08, 11:07 AM   #2
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Default Re: Shed break in!

Wire it up to the electrics !!

Take it you have phoned the local rozzers, some of that stuff sounds pretty identifiable if stumbled across in a search !
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-08, 11:08 AM   #3
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

****er.

Trouble is V, if the little shítz want it, they'll have it. All you can do is make is a bloody awkward as possible.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-08, 11:10 AM   #4
Woz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
Some low life decided to help thierselves to the contecnts of our shed yesterday/The night before!

So this means a grands worth of mountain bikes and accessories, lawnmower, garden vac, my secondary tool box with about £250 of tools , my favourite drill (Although the battery needed replacing), and some garden tools!

So blast and death to the thieving scumbags that took it.

So then, what can i do to make my shed more secure? Its a standard 6x4 single hasp external hinges.
Replace the hinge screws with bolts straight away. I have also covered the nuts on the inside in no more nails so they won't turn and rounded the outside off so you can't get a spanner on it. Any screw heads have also been filled with no more nails.

Mine was broken into a few years back and I only realised when I went to get the bike out after a weekend away to find the door was just propped up, not attached. Thankfully, the little scrotes only took a cheap toolkit and didn't even touch the bike.
Old 19-06-08, 11:16 AM   #5
Mogs

Might also be worth fixing a wire mesh over the window.
Old 19-06-08, 11:22 AM   #6
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

The more visible security you put on the outside, the more they will want to get in.
PIR alarm inside?
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-08, 11:37 AM   #7
Stig

My shed is connected to the house alarm (wireless). I have a door sensor and a movement sensor. It may not stop an attempted theft but is quite likely to stop the theft actually taking place. The door only needs to be opened a fraction before the alarm sets.
Old 19-06-08, 12:00 PM   #8
gettin2dizzy

Sorry to hear this It's such an invasion of your privacy. You can buy battery power PIR alarms. Maybe not the best but for the sake of £15 why not?!
Old 19-06-08, 12:00 PM   #9
K

Yale do quite an economic alarm package - you can buy it in sections depending on what you want to set up or there are a couple of ready made packages. I think you can get them through B&Q.

May not stop/deter an attempt - but will make it obvious once someone has broken in like the overly large simian says.

Edit: Just checked B&Q's website, seems they don't do the Yale one anymore but have a similar setup by a company called Friedland.

Last edited by K; 19-06-08 at 12:07 PM.
Old 19-06-08, 12:10 PM   #10
neillfergie

little scrotums! they will steal anything these days, keep an eye on ebay and in the ads for free papers for any of your stuff, dont forget how stupid these people are so its always a posibility they will slip up.

best not to over reinforce the shed though, it makes it look like it might be worth breaking into, so keep it simple, cover the window up and fit a good lock, if they think its full of crap they wont bother.

i take it your house insurance covers the contents?

ps. who has a "favorite" drill! lol