SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 13-07-11, 08:30 AM   #11
Viney
Mega Poster

Default Re: bingo wing workout

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
ian - its an xr2. dont think its got servo brakes. you really need to push pedal really hard to stop it.
thanx richie - your an old buggar like me, you will remember them first time round too.
Hazel. It does have servo brakes as my Mk1 XR2 did so yours should have. The servo is probably knackered like it was on mine. Oh and dont fit Mintex pads. For some reason the squeal like buggary on them.(Ok last bit for DD to take note)

I love XR2's. It has got the wrong wheels on it though. It needs a set of 13" pepperpots for it to be vintage correct. Those rims are off a Mk3 fiesta sport...Someone hand me my anorack.

Im coming down for a go
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 08:51 AM   #12
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

ah.... back in the days when it was scooby doo xr2 (before them japs got in on the scene)..

If the brakes feel that bad, could the brakes just need looking at? (pads, brake fluid, master cylinder could be all grimey and horrible)..

Cracking car! Must have been a small fortune for the condition it's in?

(I'm 25 btw - not a fan of all these new peugeot rcz's or citroen ds2's.... bring back the original hot hatches like in the 90's when I was growing up!)

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 09:02 AM   #13
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney View Post
I love XR2's. It has got the wrong wheels on it though. It needs a set of 13" pepperpots for it to be vintage correct. Those rims are off a Mk3 fiesta sport...Someone hand me my anorack.

Im coming down for a go
just been told by my own little anorak the rims are a special order from the rs cataloge and are RS7s - lol. wooosh right over my head
Old 13-07-11, 09:03 AM   #14
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
I've always liked them. Good choice my dear and no rust??
just a wee bit on boot lid. Its one of the projects lol
Old 13-07-11, 09:03 AM   #15
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

take a photo under the bonnet for us,
and another test is With the Engine OFF press your brake pedal 3 or 4 times really hard, then with pressure applied as hard as you can Start your engine and see if your foot on the brake pedal moves slightly down... if you have a servo and it does not move then it's either a fault in the diaphragm on the servo, a hole in the vacuum pipe or the vacuum pump is at fault.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 09:07 AM   #16
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
ah.... back in the days when it was scooby doo xr2 (before them japs got in on the scene)..

If the brakes feel that bad, could the brakes just need looking at? (pads, brake fluid, master cylinder could be all grimey and horrible)..

(I'm 25 btw - not a fan of all these new peugeot rcz's or citroen ds2's.... bring back the original hot hatches like in the 90's when I was growing up!)
the brakes are not bad, just not as responsive as the mondeo. It just means I use forward observation as I dont fancy doing an emergency stop in it. Its not as if my leg would snap or anything, got "sturdy" legs lol.
Old 13-07-11, 09:09 AM   #17
kitkat

richie - what I got from your comment was take a photo blah blah blah blah blah lol x will check out the brakes later, well my onsite mechanic will
Old 13-07-11, 09:09 AM   #18
Geodude
Mega Poster

Well tidy how can your kid not want to be in that? Needs the pepper pot alloys on

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-11, 09:11 AM   #19
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
we have been looking around for a while for one. some of them are going for silly silly money ie £5k. didnt pay anything near that for it and it was local, thought we were going to have to travel to get one. Love it and its the best colour
Old 13-07-11, 09:15 AM   #20
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude View Post
Well tidy how can your kid not want to be in that? Needs the pepper pot alloys on
im not keen on the pepper pots. He is 14 and knows nothing about cars but is just horrified at travelling in this one. When we drop him off at school, there are speed bumps so we have to slow right down and of course give a wee accelerate once over the bump, nice noisy exhaust, you can see he just wants to curl up and die lol. He doesnt like to attract attention to himself, unfortunately he has the wrong mum for that lol. he was given the option of walking the hour to school lol