SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 07-07-10, 09:51 AM   #1
missyburd

Default KBC helmets

Had a search and can't find anything about them on here so thought I'd make a thread.

I have a KBC VR-1X. Now I got it on the Isle of Man over 2 and a half years ago, got it cheap as I have an XS head apparently. I'm due another helmet really although this one still fits me just as snug as when I first got it so I'm happy to get another of the same.

Just wondered if anyone else actually had one (or indeed any KBC model) and what they thought? I've never bothered trying any others and I suppose it's best to stick with what fits.

Had a look on their site and it appears they have updated their logo too, hope that means they've not changed anything much in the older models!
Old 07-07-10, 01:48 PM   #2
Shonky

Default Re: KBC helmets

To be honest I would still try to get to a shop to try one on, just to make sure the new models fit.
Old 07-07-10, 01:56 PM   #3
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Go and try stuff on Maria. When I got my HJC, it was the only make that would fit my head, I'm an XS as well. I now find that Shark fit me really well as well.
Old 07-07-10, 02:20 PM   #4
gettin2dizzy

They're nice. My GF has one and it's really well made for the money. Not the quietest however

Look out for their special edition lids though. They've got some kick ass designs.
Old 07-07-10, 04:42 PM   #5
missyburd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky View Post
To be honest I would still try to get to a shop to try one on, just to make sure the new models fit.
I wasn't intending on buying one straight off the net, no fear! Even if I do end up buying the same model I would still want to try it, just in case things have changed in two and a half years lol.
Old 08-07-10, 09:41 AM   #6
Shonky

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyorkie_chris View Post
I wasn't intending on buying one straight off the net, no fear! Even if I do end up buying the same model I would still want to try it, just in case things have changed in two and a half years lol.
Fair enough, it's always the best approach!
Old 17-12-10, 08:38 PM   #7
leebex

Really tempted to buy one of the current v2r-x1 lids, but cant decide on that or a caberg as Im swayed towards the internal sunvisor.

Are the KBC that bit better quality than the caberg lids, Ive read a few reviews where the cabergs are a bit noisy.

Theres some really cheap lid deals at the mo as well.

Lee
Old 19-12-10, 04:16 PM   #8
Holdup

So are you looking at getting another model of KBC or trying to stick with the same model?

If its a different model of KBC then you may well find that it fits different to your current model, a lot of manufacture's fit's change model to model, my Arai condor is XS but in other Arai models that is too small for me and i have to go next size up.

I dont have any experience of KBC though im afraid.
Old 19-12-10, 05:03 PM   #9
MisterTommyH

I've used a KBC VR-2r for the past year. It's ok, but it is noisey. I also think that the chin bar is far too close to my chin, and the vents aren't the easiest to use (and break).

Just changed to a marushin. Not actually had chance to use it on the road yet, but it's much lighter, fits better and I get the feeling that it will be quieter.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-10, 08:02 PM   #10
leebex

Ive got a really w*nk lid Ive been meaning to change for ages, so anything will no doubt be better

Ive read up loads over the past 2 days and decided to go for the caberg V2, read mixed reviews.

I commute daily only 8 mile round trip and wont start that again until feb/march, and my limited fun miles are country twisties, so no motorway type journeys.

Holdup: your right what you say about size, the caberg I tried was small, and the kbc was med.

Lee