SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-12-12, 12:10 AM   #1
Dommo7

Default Nose cone repair, paint blending?

I have a Black pointy (07) and when I purchased the bike, it has a small crack on the nose. After welding and filling the crack, I am happy with the strength. However, I have now sprayed the area after rubbing it down smooth. My issue is that I now have a distinct line of where the original paint and the new paint meet. The paint also has a slightly different texture/appearance to the original.

Is there anything I can do to make this a better match?
Old 17-12-12, 05:54 PM   #2
Heefy

Default Re: Nose cone repair.

You could try some very fine wet and dry 1500-3000 grit to reduce the lip between the two painted surfaces, where they were masked off. Then try a DA or rotary polisher to bring back an equal lustre and finish to both surfaces.

A photo might help us give you the best advice, to be fair.

H