SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-04-12, 07:53 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default SV pointy throttle body vacuum hose extension.

Thanks to bibio for the kit to do this. heres how it looks...

I'll be using the old spring clips that held the old caps on, they needed stretched to make them smaller as the new hose was a slightly smaller diameter.

so, tank propped up, air filter housing removed, throttle body removed and tops of the engine plugged to stop anything from dropping in, rear throttle body vacuum pipe end ready for fitting... and fitted new hose. Front throttle body prepped...

Done.

Engine inlet rags removed, throttle body re-fitted, air filter housing re-fitted. Throttle body extension hoses routed out. Current balance shown... yeah its out.

After much revving, adjusting, holding the revs, adjusting, revving, adjusting etc..... it was balanced.
Things to note:
*The adjuster screw is made of cheese (possible mod)
*It takes next to nothing to turn the screw and for it to be in/out.

Extender kit tidied away until the next time and for the the tank to be refitted.

K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 28-04-12 at 08:11 PM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-12, 08:08 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: SV pointy throttle body vacuum hose extension

Must get round to doing this to mine

Good pics
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-12, 08:31 PM   #3
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
Must get round to doing this to mine

Good pics
Glad its done now. Its a pig of a job upsetting and taking all that stuff off just to do something that takes a short time. I dont like moving that stuff around. If it aint broke and all that...
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
Old 28-04-12, 10:14 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

nice one m8. glad you liked them. it'll make doing a balance a lot easier in the future.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-12, 10:36 PM   #5
muzikill
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
nice one m8. glad you liked them. it'll make doing a balance a lot easier in the future.
Ta bud. I wasnt sure about the hole drilling to store them so I figured the tiewrap was the next best thing.

Last edited by muzikill; 28-04-12 at 10:39 PM.
Old 28-04-12, 10:42 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

which ever is easier for you. i just drilled a hole on top of the air box and used the well nut that way it's right in front of my face when i lift the tank

i might get a pic when i have the tank up next.
Old 29-04-12, 09:35 AM   #7
muzikill
Mega Poster

Just been out, what a difference. Night and day. Dodgy gear changes, general jumpiness. Gone.

After knowing what the bike sounds like before and after it would be easy to spot. A big pat on the back to those who can do this by ear btw.

Last edited by muzikill; 29-04-12 at 09:39 AM.
Old 30-04-12, 10:41 AM   #8
The Flame

Default Re: SV pointy throttle body vacuum hose extension.

Biblio would you be so nice to assemble a set to be sold and shipped to the City...? I'd really need to rebalance the throttle body but i never have time to take all the measures and go finding the right parts...... thanks!
Old 30-04-12, 12:35 PM   #9
Bibio
Mega Poster

i see no reason why not. you will still need a vacuum gauge to do the actual balancing. these are only an extension to make balancing easier in future.

one more thing. you cannot balance the TB's on twin spark bikes e.g. 2007 onwards without an OBD tool as you need to shut off the auto idle.
Old 30-04-12, 01:37 PM   #10
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Lance - how much for one of these for me also (you could post it out with the adjuster plates)?

As you know, I have an OBD tool, but I still don't understand why you can't just disconnect the ISC (unless the ECU requires some signal from it even when it's shut-off)
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote