SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 10-09-06, 07:04 PM   #1
stuartyboy

Default Sunday crazy sunday

Well...slept in till 10.18 having set my alarm. Eejit. Doh. Thought I'd head straight to Pitlochry in the hope of catching up for the rideout. Took a detour via Dunkeld then over to Bridge of Cally. Big long queues about a mile from the hotel at BOC. Filtered along and a 999 & Gixer (Ithink) down. 2 riders ok but one with a sore knee. Must have been about 30 in that rideout. I dont think they knew the road as where it happened it was a long straight. Skid was a good 50 yards. My guess is that they hit pheasants or something. There was a ****eload of roadkill all along that stretch. Both ok though.

Got to pitlochry - didn't see the guys so carried on to Aberfeldy then got stopped by the traffic on the road over. Stopped me to warn me that there had been to accidents that morning and the guy from yesterdays accident was killed Also complemented me on my riding and invited me to do the Bikesafe course. Both guys were very nice and they did say that they weren't after guys like me who know the roads were only trying to slow down the guys who dont. I think they said that the accidents were to guys who dont know the area - I know a lot of people hate the police stopping bikers but I can only say that I'm glad they were as it hopefully saved some lives. There were lots of groups giving the rozzers warning.

From Crieff to Calander the roads were heaving with rideouts, caravans, tractors etc. Long queues into callander. 2 ambulances - 1 of which was a rider down. Heard from Jimmy that another guy down on the DP.

Was chatting to some guys on Gixxers in calander who were behind me on the way in. A few hints by them at swaping the SV for the journey home. They said the Gixxers were boneshakers. They headed off home at about 3ish whilst I bid my farewells and down the DP. 1st run cool then got backed up by 17million caravans. Stopped for a pish few photies then back again - clear run. Stops in the visitor centre carpark for a stretch. Start up then while rolling up to the junction at about 4mph this crazy bitch with baby in the back comes tearing head on towards me on my side of the road. Swerves past me shouting and bawling at me Nearly knocking me off the road. Crazy crazy cow *******.

On a plus note the run back to calander was pretty clear. That road is just superb.

Back to calander again then heading for home then the craziest bitch in a go faster clio decides u turn infront of an oncoming car. Oncoming car screeches to a halt tyres smoking I slow up then she rams into reverse and reverses back towards me. Crazy crazy bitch. Get out of Calander cruising along at 60 then this ****ing idiot rams on the anchors infront of me. Missed his turn!

Gleneagles then home. 247 miles and totally shagged but gald to be home.

Crazy crazy crazy day.
Old 10-09-06, 07:29 PM   #2
Quedos

Glad you made out and back again in one piece.

I managed to make it out bot today and yesterday.
Though yesterday I only went to Kirkie Fire station as I was working. After I headed up the Crow road only to find my right indicator was dangling about. So i didn't stop and headed home via Kilsyth. Stopped at kilsyth and detached indicator ( I wasn't too sure how at Lennoxtown) Had 3 guys stop and ask if I was alright and did I need help. Took a few piccies of bike and headed home.

Today I decided to take the Honda to hospital and then do some city work on the way back - don't ask streets I don't know them. Got home and jumped on the SV and bombed it up to Stirling and back via DEnny as roadworks were horrendous. So small runs but I got out which was more than Garry did
Old 10-09-06, 09:36 PM   #3
Sheila

Default Re: Sunday crazy sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy
Sunday Crazy Sunday.
Well how uncanny!! I was listening to that very bloody song in the car going stir crazy coz I wasn't on my bike. I was taking the folks (who are over on holiday from oz) up to loch Tay today. Saw a bike just like mine but didn't recognise the leathers and helmet (too quick to tell!!) didn't think it was you at the time.. but maybe it was???! Whoever it was they were heading south as I was heading north toward Aberfeldy quite a way past Crieff at about 13:00 ish. Such a nice SV by the way!!!! Not biased or anythin! Saw sooo many bikes out today and yesterday.. with the weather being so perfect and all.. it was like a form of torture being stuck in the car!!!!
Old 10-09-06, 09:45 PM   #4
jimmy4237

Think I can beat you Stuarty - I managed to do 280 miles the day. I was pondering going from Pitlochry up to Inverness to see my aunt 90 miles away. Get my dinner up there, then ride home from Inverness Then my sanity got the better of me!!! The folks would murder me.

Was glad to get home, throw the bike in the garage, grab dinner and crash out in bed!!!!

Grant got the idea of seeing some relatives too after we had lunch at Pitlochry. He's got a cousin or a sister up the A824 near Pitlochry with plenty of bike parking. Sounds like a plan for free coffee next time Grant
Old 10-09-06, 10:15 PM   #5
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos
Got home and jumped on the SV and bombed it up to Stirling and back via DEnny as roadworks were horrendous. So small runs but I got out which was more than Garry did
SHould have dropped in for a coffee Q, Stuck in all day doing chores, friendly face would have been welcomed.
Old 10-09-06, 11:36 PM   #6
stuartyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila
I was heading north toward Aberfeldy quite a way past Crieff at about 13:00 ish.
That would be me then! Red white and blue GSX-R leathers (I'm a chav I know) Did you see me getting stopped by the rozzers? saw this silverish car overtaking everthing in sight behind me and i thought here we go - some erse trying to catch the bike - so I slowed down to a nice 70ish (just on the hairpins). thought i needed to stop for a bite of my egg mayo piece so he could get on with it. next thing - nee naw blue lights aaarrrggghhh **** **** feck here we go. Desperate dan sized polis gets out and says to say dont worry not doing me for anything but saying I was riding well. Phew - the rest I said earlier. Made my day - I said was my riding good - nice lines he said

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy4237
Think I can beat you Stuarty - I managed to do 280 miles the day.

Was glad to get home, throw the bike in the garage, grab dinner and crash out in bed!!!!

Sounds like a plan for free coffee next time Grant
Good miles! I feel like I've been on a ferry for a week every time I stand up. Clapped out on the couch since I came back. Coffee plan -give me a shout - I'll sleep outside Kinross services next time It was a very very very comfy nights sleep - mustve needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quedos
Glad you made out and back again in one piece
Me too! And you too
Old 11-09-06, 07:51 AM   #7
Kilted Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartyboy
Desperate dan sized polis gets out and says to say dont worry not doing me for anything but saying I was riding well.
That was probably "Big Max", although why he was in the car and not the bike i'm not sure. Was he folically challanged with a scar up at the side of his eye, if so he's the police bike instructor and takes the bikesafe in stirling, good guy, think hes got a souped up blackbird and an R1. I did the bikesafe with him and we are going round corners 60~+ with him riding about 12 inches off my right shoulder so he can beep his horn when the limit point moved, quite disconcerting.
Old 11-09-06, 11:43 AM   #8
stuartyboy

That's the very chap. Decent guy. Bikesafe course has been booked for me so I just have to wait and see when. Said something about my can had a nice rasp - polis eh
Old 13-09-06, 02:22 AM   #9
scooby2102

Quote:
jimmy4237 wrote:
Think I can beat you Stuarty - I managed to do 280 miles the day.
Well I think I can beat you Jimmy me lad

I did 395 miles on Sunday, was at the Kill Spills rally and the Ace Cafe London, went down Friday.

Met up with Lissa, Spiderman, Paws (its true about her tatoo's by the way)and a fair few others, really nice people

Ace Cafe is one minted place for bikers to hang out, wish we had a local like that up here