SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-07-09, 07:30 PM   #1
tiernanobrien

Default SV GSXR front end conversion

A mate of mine has an SV with a total front end rebuild and she isn't sure how to get the speedo to work. I think it runs off the wheel on the SV? Any suggestions?
Old 13-07-09, 07:32 PM   #2
Alpinestarhero

Default Re: SV GSXR front end conversion

Yea, it runs off the front wheel on the SV. The problem is getting a magnet strong enough to pass a signal to a sensor. Yorkie_Chris recommends using hall-effect sensors or something...PM him and ask him, he knows alot about this
Old 13-07-09, 08:00 PM   #3
noob-saibot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiernanobrien View Post
A mate of mine has an SV with a total front end rebuild and she isn't sure how to get the speedo to work. I think it runs off the wheel on the SV? Any suggestions?
a mate eh?! lol
Old 13-07-09, 08:03 PM   #4
drag

not me ..... who is this other fella NS ?
Old 14-07-09, 07:53 AM   #5
Geoffrey

dangerous dave knows of an option to run the standard speedo off of the rear wheel for the earlier sv60's, it only requires an alteration to the rear caliper mounting bracket and a cheap ducati part.
Old 14-07-09, 08:09 AM   #6
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey View Post
dangerous dave knows of an option to run the standard speedo off of the rear wheel for the earlier sv60's, it only requires an alteration to the rear caliper mounting bracket and a cheap ducati part.
But, the man hasn't posted in a looooooonnnnnnnng time.

Go to Northwinds profile and search for a thread he started about it, unless I find it first.

EDIT: I'm awesome...http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=61329

Last edited by plowsie; 14-07-09 at 08:11 AM.
Old 14-07-09, 08:19 AM   #7
Geoffrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowsie View Post
But, the man hasn't posted in a looooooonnnnnnnng time.
good point, i thought he was back. my son has his setup on his curvy, it might be worth dismantling and taking some pictures of it for the techies on here to decipher
Old 14-07-09, 05:00 PM   #8
Loser

Hey if you have a look at this thread especially from about page 9 onwards you will find all the info you need or if you are having alot of bother i'm based around dublin too if you ever need to check out the way mine is setup
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=103758
mine is still working perfectly although the magnets appear to have corroded a little but that doesnt affect the operation. That front end swap is such a great mod to make especially if you know that you are gonna be keeping the bike for a while
Old 14-07-09, 05:15 PM   #9
tiernanobrien

yeah i was looking at that last night... i didnt realise it was as common as it is! sure ill order the parts i need and then give it a whack! im not the worst with the tools so we'll see how it goes!
Old 15-07-09, 01:28 PM   #10
Nicky S
Mega Poster

if you have a look around this thread (http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=131519) it has all the info you need on a front end and also lots of info on diffrent types of speedo you can have there is one you can have on the rear wheel front wheel and some one was talking about using front sprocket but im not sure if that works on the sv

Last edited by Nicky S; 15-07-09 at 01:30 PM.
Nicky S is offline   Reply With Quote