SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-11-05, 08:02 PM   #1
MrMessy

Default e-bike insurance:

Just taken out insurance with e-bike, 140 for 3 bikes fully comp & business use Would only have been 94 just for the SV Includes UK breakdown and legal cover. Carol Nash wanted 180 for TPF&T Site easy to use and you can try things to see how it affects the quote, ie it was no dearer for business use and not much more for fully comp over TPF&T. ALso a long list of mods that can be done to bike ie Scottoiler fitted , non power enhancing exhaust etc. So no escuse for them saying anything you have modified invalidates insurance has long has you have declared it. Also mid term adjustment charge less than CN.
MrMessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-05, 08:16 PM   #2
Cloggsy

Good aren't they? They were a country mile cheaper for mine hands down!
Old 17-11-05, 08:30 PM   #3
haggis

That's a very good quote.

I have breakdown/accident recovery on mine (with equity red star), but noticed it's only if I'm deemed not at fault in an accident.

Is that a normal clause in policies?
Old 17-11-05, 08:45 PM   #4
Last Action Pimp

they were very cheap but i found roadsure cheaper,
Old 18-11-05, 08:16 AM   #5
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

theyre excellent , got a quote from them for my new 955i and it was £200 cheaper than m direct! i know where i'll be going for my renewal next month
Old 18-11-05, 10:20 AM   #6
Mr Steve

I'm with then too.....

I opted for the monthly policy as opposed to the year because they seemed to offer the same cover but the monthly was about 30% cheaper than the yearly policy...

Did you look at and opt for the monthly policies? If not, am i missing something in the small print?
Old 18-11-05, 10:21 AM   #7
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Steve
I'm with then too.....

I opted for the monthly policy as opposed to the year because they seemed to offer the same cover but the monthly was about 30% cheaper than the yearly policy...

Did you look at and opt for the monthly policies? If not, am i missing something in the small print?
I thought it was the other way round, they charge extra for monthly
Old 18-11-05, 10:30 AM   #8
Mr Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.d.
Quote:
I'm with then too.....

I thought it was the other way round, they charge extra for monthly
i was under that impression too.... until i saw the quotes. Even the year policy beat everything else that i was quoted but they went one better with the monthly policy as its saved me 30% over the year with no initial outlay of ££'s.

Seemed a bit odd but i wasn't going to argue, couldn't see any difference with the cover so resigned to be a bit miffed and better off.
Old 18-11-05, 10:33 AM   #9
diamond

Quote:

i was under that impression too.... until i saw the quotes. Even the year policy beat everything else that i was quoted but they went one better with the monthly policy as its saved me 30% over the year with no initial outlay of ££'s.

Seemed a bit odd but i wasn't going to argue, couldn't see any difference with the cover so resigned to be a bit miffed and better off.
Fair enough mine was definatly more expensive monthly when i took it out with them in june, cos i normally paid monthly with my old company but it was alot cheaper for a one of payment so thats what i did.
Old 18-11-05, 12:27 PM   #10
biketeacherdave

Default They are cheap

they are cheap a pupil of mine put me on to them at the start of the year after spending hours trying to insure his new sv1000 (first bike) almost every person i have given there web address to has taken out a policy including my wife on her new K5 sv650.

I put my details in to see if i could save on my current policy and its gonna cost me £86 with business cover