SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SELKENT A forum for the folks down in Kent and SE London.

Old 06-08-09, 07:51 PM   #1
cF^

Default Anyone know any good routes from Eastbourne?

This weekend I'll be visiting some friends down in Eastbourne, one of which rides a bike! On Saturday or Sunday we were planning on going out for a ride and I just wondered if any of you lovely chaps + chapesses knew of a decent route we could ride? Quiet, twisty + pretty are the 3 main things, if we run past a biker cafe for a break (are there any down that way?), so much the better!

I was thinking of taking the A267 to Tunbridge Wells, then perhaps doing some kind of anticlockwork circuit back around into Eastbourne, although I don't really know the roads between Tunbridge + Crawley too well
Hoping it'll take 2 -3 hours with a break or two I guess.
Anyone know of any good'uns?

Last edited by cF^; 06-08-09 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-08-09, 07:46 AM   #2
BernardBikerchick

Default Re: Anyone know any good routes from Eastbourne?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cF^ View Post
This weekend I'll be visiting some friends down in Eastbourne, one of which rides a bike! On Saturday or Sunday we were planning on going out for a ride and I just wondered if any of you lovely chaps + chapesses knew of a decent route we could ride? Quiet, twisty + pretty are the 3 main things, if we run past a biker cafe for a break (are there any down that way?), so much the better!

I was thinking of taking the A267 to Tunbridge Wells, then perhaps doing some kind of anticlockwork circuit back around into Eastbourne, although I don't really know the roads between Tunbridge + Crawley too well
Hoping it'll take 2 -3 hours with a break or two I guess.
Anyone know of any good'uns?

viney is your man for this one !!!
Old 07-08-09, 07:53 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

*Boof* and is by magic i appear.

Yes the A267 is a fine run and there is a 'biker' cafe located in Horam called Wessons. Id to the 267 on the return legg to be honest as the cafe is only about 20 miles outside of eastbourne.

Now if it were me id pop out from eastbourne towards newhaven, then pick up the A26 to Lewes, then either stay on the A26 to tunbridge wells or pick up the A275 to Wych Cross, then the A22 to East Grinstead. Theeeen pick up the A264 to Tunbridge wells then the A267 to eastbourne via Wessons at horam.

All good roads/routes can be hampered by traffic, but its the school holidays so should be quietish!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 12:45 PM   #4
svsk2

Watch yourself on any of those roads. The Sussex police are having a blitz on illegal exhausts and small number plates at the moment. If there's decent weather it's a cert that they'll be hiding somewhere.
Old 07-08-09, 12:52 PM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Really! Cool...stay away form there then
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-09, 12:54 PM   #6
cF^

My plate is fine, my exhaust is a problem though
I'm gonna go out regardless though, just pray they don't find me, thanks for the heads up
I'll plan a route tonight and maybe pop into Wessons on the way back!