SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 28-06-20, 03:09 PM   #8291
embee
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Wirecard fiasco.

I use a pre-paid travel card for holidays. In theory the cash on it is "safeguarded", even though it's not accessible at present, but that's in theory. Time will tell.

Absolute and utter contempt for each and every shyster involved in the company, the auditors and the (supposed) regulatory bodies. A sad indictment of modern times.
Old 28-06-20, 04:23 PM   #8292
DJ123
Mega Poster

That's why i never keep cash on these sorts of pre-paid cards. I generally use a card that gives me zero charges on foreign transactions - much easier and safer way, without having money tied up in someone else's bank.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 07:06 PM   #8293
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Apparently I'm so old that 10 years no claims discount only makes £10 difference to my bike policy
Old 03-07-20, 07:09 PM   #8294
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Other gripe, after 10 years with one insurer they've told me they can't insure me this year. Was worried it's a covid thing but according to comparethemeerkat I'll be able to find insurance elsewhere ok , fortunately
Old 03-07-20, 07:15 PM   #8295
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Getting crap from an absolute f^&ktard of a customer on the phone at 5.15pm after a really hard day working put me in a great mood for finishing work at 5:30 (actually nearer 6 due to dealing with the aftermath of his bullsh*t). Getting really sick of little sh%ts who have obviously dodgy (stolen) high end full suspension bling bikes way beyond their means being pushy and coc*y morons and treating us like dirt.

There are so many people bringing "bargain" gumtree bought bikes to us that are blatantly stolen, with cobbled together parts on otherwise high end bikes that the sellers have hashed together to pass off to unsuspecting buyers, who are qeueing up to get them. Quite how people don't realise that a £3300 bike they bought for £150 with an odd front wheel is likely to be stolen goods is beyond me.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 07:25 PM   #8296
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Getting crap from an absolute f^&ktard of a customer on the phone at 5.15pm after a really hard day working put me in a great mood for finishing work at 5:30 (actually nearer 6 due to dealing with the aftermath of his bullsh*t). Getting really sick of little sh%ts who have obviously dodgy (stolen) high end full suspension bling bikes way beyond their means being pushy and coc*y morons and treating us like dirt.

There are so many people bringing "bargain" gumtree bought bikes to us that are blatantly stolen, with cobbled together parts on otherwise high end bikes that the sellers have hashed together to pass off to unsuspecting buyers, who are qeueing up to get them. Quite how people don't realise that a £3300 bike they bought for £150 with an odd front wheel is likely to be stolen goods is beyond me.
Bet the seals are upside down too

Seriously though, is this bicycles rather than motorbikes? In fact still, why is it your problem if they didn't buy it from you?
Old 03-07-20, 07:53 PM   #8297
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Yep. Bicycles.
It has become our problem in the past when the Police have got involved and dragged us into it.

One woman today had somehow managed to buy her son a full carbon, full suspension Lapierre Zesty with blinged out Hope components, brakes etc (google it.. £3500+ value) from a renowned part of Bristol for just over £100. It had a missing headset part, probably left on the original forks that were left locked somewhere. The headset alone costs £150. Of course she doesn't want to pay for it but has unwittingly bought into a very expensive bike to repair. It becomes our problem as it's taken up a couple of hours of our very busy day and will likely lead to her taking it back with no work done on it, so a waste of time and loss for us running the workshop. At least she's polite. The little scrotes who also treat us like dirt in situations like this are a different matter.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:01 PM   #8298
Chris_SVS

Bloody good deal for £100! Shame for the owner it was stolen from
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-20, 08:07 PM   #8299
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

People leaving things tomthe last minute, this time a letting agent I do a fair bit of work for. Called me and asked if I can fit in a last minute job for them before a tenant moves into the property on Wednesday.
Job list she than gave me was
Paint lounge walls
Paint kitchen walls
Paint hallway walls
Tidy up,garden including cutting grass and trimming all the bushes and hedges
And the last job on the list, replace 8 fence panels, 10 posts and the garden gate
Old 03-07-20, 08:25 PM   #8300
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Other gripe, after 10 years with one insurer they've told me they can't insure me this year. Was worried it's a covid thing but according to comparethemeerkat I'll be able to find insurance elsewhere ok , fortunately

thats weird.. not enough cash in it for them?

try bikesure, i think its adrian flux.. i have been with them for years and they have been great. also lowest price for my modded bike, well more to the point the only ones that would look at insuring the bike with the mods.

they have hiked their breakdown cover this year.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote