SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-03-19, 11:40 AM   #21
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Bloop - what do you think about this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I wasn’t being very serious Seeker! I’m not sure anyone will have fitted an expansion chamber (much less a power valve) to a Bloop
In the March edition of Classic Bike Guide someone's fitted a chamber to a Puch Maxi moped. So we expect you to push the envelope...
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-19, 11:41 AM   #22
Othen

Marvellous!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-19, 01:53 PM   #23
Othen

The weather improved a bit, so I’ve just taken the Bloop out for a test ride, it is certainly better for the new rings. The bike just touched an indicated 60 MPH on a slightly downhill stretch of the road to Kettering, but perhaps more impressively it maintained 50 MPH slightly uphill on the way back.

It was fun riding the bike, and a reminder of how far we have come in 40 years. I got caught out by the upside down gearbox several times, but otherwise it is an easy bike to ride. The handling is sort of okay, even the brakes are not too bad now I’ve freed off the front brake cable properly.

I’m still grinning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk