SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 03-10-06, 11:00 PM   #1
philh

Default I'm sooo lonely... (Exeter area riders?)

Dunno if this is in the right place, but here seems good enough.

I'm new 'round 'ere. 'Jus got me SV a coupla weeks ago. If any of you lot from nearby to this 'ere Exeter place where I be livin' feel loik bimblin' by 'n meetin' up for a whizz-about, gizza shout.

Dont worry, I dont really talk that that...

All that having been said, I'm still learning about/finding good routes. On my 125 a trip to the chippy was a good few hours. Not so on the SV! So I cant guarantee a guided tour! I do know some nice pubs though.

If your passing through, feel free to holler. Give me a break from my usual riding buddy who keeps trying (trying...!) to burn me off on his old pre-EXUP FZR1000.
Old 03-10-06, 11:04 PM   #2
hovis

r u doing the saturday ride out??
Old 04-10-06, 07:48 AM   #3
Carsick

I used to be down that way most weekends, but then I got the gf to move in with me, so I'm not.
Sorry, not much use to you.
Old 04-10-06, 09:49 PM   #4
philh

Howdee,

Nope. Not able to join in on Saturday I'm afraid, which is a pity as it sounds likely to be a treat!

I know that being this far South I'm seldom going to find rideouts coming this way. If I'm honest with myself I have to realise that distance is not really an issue now, as it so was on my VanVan! My initial thought at the prospect of making my way up to Bristol to join a group before the jaunt even begins is 'Whoa! thats a bit of a way!'. But it's not really is it?

I'll certainly try to venture up as far up as I can, when I can. Family commitments permitting of course! In the meantime, I remain receptive to any calls from anyone who fancies a trip down 'ere!

It's not really the time of year for Devon-by-bike though is it? I'm already thinking of summer. I do know some great camping destinations in Cornwall, awesome scenery. And those roads that seem so mundane in a car should, on reflection, be a hoot on a bike!

Oh, and thanks to the moderator for clarifying my topic title! I probably could not have been more vague huh?!

Cheers!
Old 05-10-06, 07:23 AM   #5
Carsick

It's almost exactly an hour up to Bristol from Exeter. It's almost that long from here so you're really not that far away from the action.
Old 05-10-06, 07:43 AM   #6
hovis

if i can come from caerphilly(on me own) which is just as far, why cant you.
like you said you will have to travell to get to the ride out?
Old 05-10-06, 08:28 AM   #7
Mogs

We did a ride along the north Devon coast last month (see here). We didn't quite follow the route planned and the group fell apart at the end. Exactly the same happened on the first trip round South Wales, we did it three time before getting it right. We could repeat the Porlocks again (Spring) if there is interest.
Old 05-10-06, 09:25 AM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs
We could repeat the Porlocks again (Spring) if there is interest.
I'm interested
Old 05-10-06, 09:56 AM   #9
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs
We could repeat the Porlocks again (Spring) if there is interest.
I'm interested

ME TOO although i expext you all ready knew that
Old 05-10-06, 11:51 AM   #10
hovis

right i have looked at the user map & found
these members, just for you

5 in exeter
4 in plymouth

why not pm them, thats what i did & a ride out was aranged(thanx mogs & jabba)

if you are a bit shy, i will pm them for you