SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 02-03-09, 07:46 PM   #1
vardypeeps

Default Curvy Scottoiler Routing

Ey up.

Right I'v had a little problem.
Fitted my Mk7 Scottoiler to my 99 Faired Curvy around 2 weeks ago. It's been working fine but I cleaned my bike today and noticed the oil line has been ripped off and it's oiling everything!

I managed to fit the oil holder behind my left seat cover (in the engine block with the plastic holder and bracket)

I'm going to have to order some new parts from Scottoiler now but I was wondering what's the best route that works for your oil line to take?
I don't mind the swing arm bit I'v got that sorted but where should I route my line from there to my RSV?

I would take it through the swing arm where the shock is but there is a tube for water from the undertray there.

I'm just really stuck with this one LOL

Thanks for your help in advance
Old 02-03-09, 08:00 PM   #2
ridelikeaturtle

Default Re: Curvy Scottoiler Routing

I ran mine down the frame and near the left rider foot peg, and used a stealthy cable-tie on the foot peg mount.

Here's [an ugly] pic:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ridelike...01108238723538
Old 02-03-09, 10:03 PM   #3
svrich

I have the mini crud catcher fitted to mine behind the rear shock. The oiler unit is fitted in the same place as yours so I drilled a 'snug fit' hole in the said crud catcher near the edge and pushed the tube through it and then along the inside of the swing arm
up to the dispenser spouts.
Is that clear enough, probably not after my day! I'll get a picture when I get my bike back
Old 03-03-09, 08:46 AM   #4
Viney
Mega Poster

Mine is run from the bottom of the RSV, then between the swing arm pivot and back of the frame, then under the swing arm (Near the shock) then up under the chain (Over the top of the swing arm near the swingarm chain protector thing) and cable tied on the 1st chain guard bolt, then run to the other chain guard bolt*, then round over the front of the swing arm and onto the sprocket. Mines been on there for 5 years now and i have never had a problem with that route.

* Remove the chain guard, use small cable ties, run the tubing behing the guard lugs, then refit the chain guard/hugger.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-09, 09:07 AM   #5
vardypeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrich View Post
I have the mini crud catcher fitted to mine behind the rear shock. The oiler unit is fitted in the same place as yours so I drilled a 'snug fit' hole in the said crud catcher near the edge and pushed the tube through it and then along the inside of the swing arm
up to the dispenser spouts.
Is that clear enough, probably not after my day! I'll get a picture when I get my bike back
Very clear.
This sounds like an excellent idea!
It's out of the way of the chain and still well hidden I will take a picture when I have fitted it on the weekend and post for everyone to see
At least when people search they have some info then.

Thanks for your ideas guys.