SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-09-08, 07:47 PM   #1
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default BikeSafe.

...is boss!

Did the Merseyside BikeSafe course this weekend...fab group of blokes, fab weather and fab rides!

Learned/remembered lots, got loads of good, honest, non-patronising advice and had a good laugh with everyone on the course and the people running it.

We had some great weather, went over to Mold and also up to the Ponderosa (my 1st time ) on Sunday and it was rammed with bikes, quads and kit cars.....the bacon butties are gorgeous!

Best weekend on my bike yet and all for £80 + juice.

Would recommend to anyone, from newbie to v.experienced
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-08, 07:57 PM   #2
xXBADGERXx

Default Re: BikeSafe....

It is well worth it , and remember , anyone in the county of Conwy and Denbighshire can get on it for free too , but IMHO definately worth the £80
Old 22-09-08, 09:19 PM   #3
Taz66

did the course last year - great time! Following the plod back to the station for the last couple of miles cruising at 90 mph behind him woz a hoot too! Wel worth the money and the time - recommend to everyone!
Old 22-09-08, 09:31 PM   #4
Speedy Claire

Brilliant, well done and glad you enjoyed it. I did mine with Merseyside earlier this year and can`t praise them all enough. I might have passed you on Sunday........ 2 bikesafe cops rode past me each with 2 riders on the A550 heading back towards the Wirral (just by the major roadworks)
Old 24-09-08, 12:20 PM   #5
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Claire View Post
Brilliant, well done and glad you enjoyed it. I did mine with Merseyside earlier this year and can`t praise them all enough. I might have passed you on Sunday........ 2 bikesafe cops rode past me each with 2 riders on the A550 heading back towards the Wirral (just by the major roadworks)
Yep, that was our crew....might not have been me, but there were about 10 of us out and about with the bizzies.

Great bunch of fellas, met Mike Addison and Terry Clarry who were featured in the latest Bike magazine as judges for a competition the mag is running at the moment for Britains best biker or summat.
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-08, 01:00 PM   #6
ljm2008

Default Re: BikeSafe.

Hmm...I've just been looking online to see if there's anywhere near me who does it - I'm in Fife - and it seems that there aren't any police forces in Scotland who offer it...does anyone know if that's right or not?

Cheers.

Laura
Old 24-09-08, 03:02 PM   #7
eviltwin

For those in the south, I found Dorking very good. Mixture of police and IAM observers. It was still only £50 this year
Old 24-09-08, 10:37 PM   #8
monkey

He he. It's only 30 quid over here!