SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 30-06-10, 04:10 PM   #1
ShadFX

Default For sale - My Curvey SV650S

Hello all - after a good few nights of staying up thinking about it, ive decided to sell the SV. My commute has drasticly changed and unfortunately I cannot justify a motorcycle at the moment, this will be a great oppertunity for someone to buy a fantastic bike at a very fair price.

As some will have read on the forum, the front cam chain tensioner failed and has since been replaced along with a new front cam chain, the valves were re-seated with new stem seals installed as well. All valve clearances have been checked, new hiflo air and oil filters installed, engine flushed, fresh oil put in, new iridium plugs fitted and to top it all off a new reg/rec (anyone who knows their sv's will know this is a common failure point as well.)

Basicly, its running as sweet as ever and I am really really sad to see it go after having so much done. It is a 2001 Y reg and has 11 months on the MOT and 8 months tax. Very little in the way of previous history unfortunately, but she rides like a beaut. 29k on the clock.

Tyres fitted are bridgestone battlax's front and rear, rear has a few thousand left in it yet, the front is half worn. Chain and sprockets are in good condition.

Overall this is a fantastic bike and I have covered 3000 very happy miles on her, I only wish that I could continue to enjoy it! I will upload some pictures tonight.

Im not in a rush to get rid of her, so thought id try the org first before putting her on bike trader and then if the worst comes to it ebay i suppose.

Mods:

Belly pan
Double bubble screen
KnN Hiflo air filter (lush noise) - can put original back in if desired
Crash bobbins (these are missing the nylon inserts for some reason..)

Ideally im looking for £1450, which represents (in my mind) great value for a bike that has just had this much work done to it and rides as well as it does.

I have some other bits and bobs which I will pop up on the forum, mostly used kit and a nice Cargo tank bag. If someone wants to buy any of these bits with the bike we can negotiate

If anyone is interested please PM me. Thanks for reading.

Matt

Last edited by ShadFX; 21-07-10 at 10:00 AM.
Old 30-06-10, 08:28 PM   #2
Triv650

Default Re: For sale - My Curvey SV650S

Might want to put some pics up, give people an idea of what it looks like
Old 30-06-10, 09:10 PM   #3
ShadFX

There we go - pics up. Sorry they arent great.
Old 30-06-10, 09:37 PM   #4
hongman

Where are you based?
Old 30-06-10, 09:38 PM   #5
ShadFX

Near andover, Hampshire. About 2 hrs from essex on a good run?
Old 21-07-10, 10:01 AM   #6
ShadFX

*BUMP* - Price updated - Realised I over priced. New price £1450 ONO.