SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-01-11, 01:20 PM   #1
N8te rider

Default Anyone been on a Euro Track day

Thinking about doing a 3 day European trackday with NoLimits. Anyone been to europe for trackdays? Worth the money?
Old 05-01-11, 03:13 PM   #2
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone been on a Euro Track day

I know people that have... and they fecking love it, so much so that they try and budget for 3 a year.

3 days of perfect weather on awesome tracks as part of a holiday has got to be a winner.

They do cry at the cost and sacrifices sometimes. For example potential downsides...

One of them crashed on day one and the bike was un usable = an expensive trip
They put on fresh tyres and take a spare set = expensive
They have to be without their bikes for 1 to 2 weeks each time for transport
After the first day if your an unhealthy bugger like one of them is, then your in agony and aching for the next two days
Old 05-01-11, 03:17 PM   #3
N8te rider

I know its more expensive, but would hiring one of their bikes similar to what you own be a better idea?
Old 05-01-11, 03:24 PM   #4
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
After the first day if your an unhealthy bugger like one of them is, then your in agony and aching for the next two days

I spoke to an instructor blokey I know, I was mulling over whether to do Mallory, Donington, Silverstone and Rockingham in 4/5 days if I could. He said dont bother youll be ****ed after the 2nd day, definitiely by the 3rd!

If youve got the money and the time and the fitness i'd go for it, so many trackdays get let down by the weather over here. I'd definitely think about hiring 1 of their R6s, saves the risk of ruining your bike & holiday and judging by your pic youll be used to it
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-11, 03:25 PM   #5
hardhat_harry

I'm doing 4 days in Almeria end March its my first time abroad but the others who Im going with have been going for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it.

When u compare on how much 4 days of summer trackdays in the UK cost its a bit of a bargain.

Im paying £450 for the 4 days on track, £100 flights, £50 extra day in hotel, £90 on fuel and £150 on tyres.

Plus I'm having a days tuition with a biking type legend I know they have Crafar, Hodgeson, Renyolds, Laverty, McKenzie, Plater and Seeley on their books.
Old 05-01-11, 03:27 PM   #6
hardhat_harry

Most of the day is open session so you can go out when you want.

Everybody is mullered after the 2nd / 3rd day even if your superfit but the hotel they put you up in is 5 star with pool.
Old 05-01-11, 04:14 PM   #7
N8te rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat_harry View Post
I'm doing 4 days in Almeria end March its my first time abroad but the others who Im going with have been going for a couple of years and wouldn't miss it.

When u compare on how much 4 days of summer trackdays in the UK cost its a bit of a bargain.

Im paying £450 for the 4 days on track, £100 flights, £50 extra day in hotel, £90 on fuel and £150 on tyres.

Plus I'm having a days tuition with a biking type legend I know they have Crafar, Hodgeson, Renyolds, Laverty, McKenzie, Plater and Seeley on their books.
Who did you book with? If its ok to ask
Old 05-01-11, 04:15 PM   #8
hardhat_harry

Focused Events not my fave but was the most cost efficient.
Old 05-01-11, 04:21 PM   #9
N8te rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardhat_harry View Post
Focused Events not my fave but was the most cost efficient.
Is there a fave?

Last edited by N8te rider; 05-01-11 at 04:21 PM. Reason: edit
Old 05-01-11, 04:43 PM   #10
davepreston

this would interest me especially as i could make a cheap holiday from it staying down the road near alicante in my gaff for a week or 2 after
you got some contact numbers for these people. as im wondering if i can wing it, eg bike delivered out do trackday ,stay and ship it back later possibly with another groups return