SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 20-01-08, 03:19 PM   #21
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Where's The Little Stanney?

I like the sound of a bimble after the Egg Run with food at the end of the ride!

I'm happy to meet anywhere.
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 03:40 PM   #22
stewie

Default Re: Wirral Egg Run 16th March - Thread to Arrange Ride in / Out to Meeting point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post
Where's The Little Stanney?

I like the sound of a bimble after the Egg Run with food at the end of the ride!

Top of me 'ead, I think the little stanney is just of the M53 near cheshire oaks in ellesmere port, if anyone,s coming over we could do the usual M56 chester services meet and go in to the stanney from there.
Old 20-01-08, 04:10 PM   #23
Pedro68

yeah Stewie, thats about close enough ... come off M53 for Cheshire Oaks (J10 I think) and then instead of heading into Cheshire Oaks itself you carry straight on over the roundabout towards North Wales, but about 500 yards down on the right is the pub.

Chester Services is just as good a meeting place tho ... and seems to be more well-known
Old 20-01-08, 04:56 PM   #24
Speedy Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluePete View Post

ok..... you head for Kendal and we promise we`ll meet you there
Old 20-01-08, 05:22 PM   #25
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Oooooohh, get you! Handbags at ten paces it is then!
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 05:32 PM   #26
Speedy Claire

Bring it on................
Old 20-01-08, 07:39 PM   #27
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth View Post
Won't the roads be closed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
not that I know of girth ... I've lived in and around part of the egg run route for many a year now and I don't ever remember them closing any (except for perhaps New Brighton start point) of the roads off at all ... It's always appeared to be a "if you go out on the egg run route, then you take your chance".

i've not done that stretch of the run myself before, so i will e-mail the organizers of the egg run and find out tho (unless someone else knows for sure?)
It's NOT closed roads, you must be road legal and observe the speed limits etc. Check the 'The Rules' section of the Wirral Egg Run website.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 07:42 PM   #28
Luckypants
Mega Poster

The Stanney sounds good place to meet. Not sure about getting petrol at Tesco as it will be busting full of bikes, suggest anyone that needs to fuel up for the egg run fills up at Sainsbury's at Cheshire Oaks. It's right next to the main road so easy to find.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-08, 07:48 PM   #29
Speedy Claire

Probs a good idea Mike ... but if anyone does go to Sainsburys could you pick me up a loaf and some smoked bacon???
Old 20-01-08, 07:49 PM   #30
Speedy Claire

Even if we`re not doin a petrol stop can we still have a 2nd meet at Tesco`s.... its en route more or less and will enable the riders coming from the other direction a chance to at least say hi before we probs get split up during the actual run.

We need to organise a meeting point following the run as well