SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-10-08, 03:28 PM   #1
jimmy__riddle

Default bigger bike

why is it once youve ridden a bigger bike, you feel like you have to have one?

I rode my friends rsv ('02) the other day and now i want one. i even went into a dealers to look at some mk2s and now im finding myself looking for ways to get one! damn these eyes bigger than my wallet!
Old 23-10-08, 03:36 PM   #2
aarond

Default Re: bigger bike

yep i had that then went on to buy a tl!!
Old 23-10-08, 03:48 PM   #3
G
Mega Poster

Its the extra power, its addictive.

Once your used to a bike, you have squeezed every last bit out of it and seen what it has to offer...........so when you try something that shocks you and you were no where near its abilities then you have to have it.....thats what happened to me anyway.

I was getting fed up of hammering the SV everywhere, lack of top end and jitteryness at speed in corners.

Tried a 600ss and they were achieving SV to end in 3rd gear at 7000rpm and it hadnt started pulling properlly yet, and going around corners that you would normally be twitching around hard on the gas you were doing with an extra 20mph and not pushing it.

I always want that little bit more that I dont have.
Old 23-10-08, 06:17 PM   #4
Blue_SV650S

Changes are most ppl are nowhere near the limits of the SV - let alone anything 'bigger'
Old 23-10-08, 06:23 PM   #5
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

i went smaller and lighter with less power, much more fun than some straight line plastic missile...

plus i heard that fairings are for homosexuals
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-08, 08:13 PM   #6
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
i went smaller and lighter with less power, much more fun than some straight line plastic missile...

plus i heard that fairings are for homosexuals
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf's signature
Blue SV650 Sport : Beowulf can + Twin HIDs + LEDs all round + Stebel Nautilus
You still own a fully faired bike you nut!
Old 24-10-08, 03:14 AM   #7
fatneck

I took out the 2008 Fireblade on Tuesday, what an incredibly awesome machine that is. I finally understand what 'cornering on rails' means, yet so composed and blindingly quick at the same time.

I have to have one!
Old 24-10-08, 06:32 AM   #8
Jase22

I don't think it's so much about the speed, as riding a better bike to me made my SV feel lacking when I got back on it. While Sv's are spot on for te job they do, once you've been spoiled with very good suspension and very good brakes (and possibly a bit more power if that's your bag) it's difficult not to want to change bikes.
Old 24-10-08, 07:24 AM   #9
krhall

I have a CBR-rr now, but I was never even close to the SV's limit - ever! I have just always wanted a SS and the opportunity came up so I did it. I only bought it coz I'm a tart.

That said there are lots of things I really miss about the SV, lots, but I also think my dry weather driving is much better on the CBR.

The CBR is also more comfy for me being a short ar$e than the SV, it is less wristy.......I guess it come down to how much you want one. If I had the money I would have my old SV too, especially for when I want to wake the neighbours up.
Old 24-10-08, 08:01 AM   #10

cause this one makes my balls look bigger

<--------

hth