SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 11-11-05, 11:28 AM   #1
aimhamilton

Default Oooo...me new exhaust!

Hello one and all,

Well, as we probably all did, went to the NEC last week to drool over the new bikes on offer for next year....Hmmmm....Daytona 675....

However I felt my bike needed some TLC before I neglect her during the winter months so I bought a new Scorpion exhaust....and its YUMMY!

Sounds better than I could have expected and is now a real head turner (I get more looks now than my mates on there IL4's). Bike seems a lot more responsive in lower revs now which is nice and the sound in 4th is second to none. Best £150 I think i'll spend!

What ya tink? (One question....shall I put the Scorpion sticker on???)

Old 11-11-05, 11:57 AM   #2
Cloggsy

Default Re: Oooo...me new exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimhamilton
One question....shall I put the Scorpion sticker on???
S'up to you... Looks nice, but you need to do some work on the connecting pipe to make them the same colour... You lazy lot with full fairings

Old 11-11-05, 01:04 PM   #3
instigator

Default Re: Oooo...me new exhaust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimhamilton
One question....shall I put the Scorpion sticker on???
S'up to you... Looks nice, but you need to do some work on the connecting pipe to make them the same colour... You lazy lot with full fairings and grass that needs cut.......badly

Can looks good but agree with polishing the rest of the system up.
Old 11-11-05, 01:40 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

You think that grass needs cutting.i aint posting no pics of my front garden then.

Back to the can, nice. I would do what all the others have mentioned to. bit of elbow grease £5.99 from B&Q and youre sorted.

And i would put the sticker on personaly. There have been times i've heard someones can and thought wow, wonder what that is but the lack of markings....and speed of bike creating that sound has not helped.

just my 2p for you
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-05, 05:02 PM   #5
$i

Is awesome, I had the same can on my SV. put the sticker on !
You think 4th is good, try changing down to 3rd with a little engine braking. . My scorpion on my rr still doesnt give the satisfaction as it did on my sv !

Best exhaust & best colour 2 imho!
Old 11-11-05, 05:06 PM   #6
bikerskez

Don't put the sticker on, it won't be so obvious that's it after market, oh and get some clear lences if your keeping the standard indicators, only about £20 from www.clearalternatives.com, i've got a silver svs k3 and they finish the look off nicely, stay safe
Old 11-11-05, 05:09 PM   #7
bikerskez

Sorry the link doesn't work but if you type it in it work fine
Old 11-11-05, 05:28 PM   #8
Peter Henry

Sack the sticker mate.keep em all guessing.If anyone asks what can it is tell them it's standard!
Old 11-11-05, 06:51 PM   #9
pingu

I like it as it is, the stickers to me are too big and therefore detract from the shiney bits
Old 11-11-05, 07:00 PM   #10
BIG Al

Leave the sticker off keep em guessin especially plod