SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-05-07, 10:09 PM   #41
Jelster

Default Re: football - man u last night

Chelsea are very much like Real Madrid. They are a team who's sum is less than the individual parts; they are a group of talented individuals rather than a team. Week in week out they rely on 3 or 4 of their players having good games, but when nobody is on top form there is no spirit to bring them through.

Liverpool on the other hand are a team who's sum is greater than their parts. When individuals don't turn up for the party the rest of the team give them that spirit to get stuck in and make it right. Yes, they've had some poor games this year, but in my opinion, they are more of a team and are more together than Chelsea.

And as much as I like to wind up the Manure fans, I have to say that some of their performances this year have been absolutely awesome. I just wish the Gooners would get they're act together like I know they can

Old 03-05-07, 10:56 PM   #42
Filipe M.

I agree with Jelster, Chelsea rely too much on some key players, and some of them were missing on that game against Liverpool: Ricardo Carvalho (the key to Chelsea's back line), Lampard (probably their most important midfield?) and Shevchenko (the one who usually gets in when Drogba isn't enough). Unfortunately (yeah, I'm a Chelski / Mourinho fan) the others couldn't make up for this lack, and they lost the game even before the penalty shots began, they lost the will to win during the overtime. Attitude also counts, and they simply lost it. Shame.

As for ManUnited... where they playing at all? All I could see was ACMilan running around some guys in shorts
Old 04-05-07, 12:11 AM   #43
pete m

LOL - Felipe/Jelster, i know what you mean, we did seem to lose the will to win - dk it was odd....

When you said Shev usually gets in if Drog dont, I thought you were gonna say he usually gets in the way, like when he managed to block a goal bound shot...! You really can have strikers whose only contribution is to get caught off side , foul the opposition and get in the way of our shots, and they only cost £30m!

hoping Jose stays, he really has to try and persuade Mrs Crespo to come and have another look at the Kings Rd !
Old 04-05-07, 08:30 AM   #44
Tiger 55

Good luck to the teams playing in the UEFA Champions League 3rd Place Playoff.

The match will kick off at 3 pm on Saturday 19th of May, venue Wembly Stadium.
Old 04-05-07, 12:07 PM   #45
thebluelion

Pete ur right the atmosphere at Anfield was very intimidating ,liverpools supporters won that game for them, i dont think either team really had an outstanding game it was pretty even. As they say it was the twelve man in the stadium that won the game
Old 04-05-07, 12:40 PM   #46
M65

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluelion View Post
The man u result was impressive but from a non bias view(lol) the chelsea score was better gonna hammer liverpool next then man u in the final

HA HA HA HA HA HA!! Stop, my sides cant take it anymore!