SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-01-10, 03:14 PM   #1
Stingo

Default Calling DSi experts...

Afternoon all...

We have a black DSi purchased summer 2009. We use an Acekard with micro SD in it for music etc.

We purchased a new DSi (Electric blue colour) and another Acekard and micro SD. The newmicro SD has been formatted identically to the old one and works correctly in the OLD DSi.

Neither SD's/Acekards work in the new DSi. I have inserted a bona fide Nintendo game card in the slot and this seems to function correctly.

The instruction manual states that I should be able to use a card other than a Nintendo one....so has anyone here had a similar problem or know of a quick fix?
Old 07-01-10, 05:29 PM   #2
wyrdness

Default Re: Calling DSi experts...

Tried any other non-micro SD cards? (i.e. from your digital camera, if that has one)

Can't see why it shouldn't work, unless it's some weird incompatibility issue. Have you tried googling for it?
Old 07-01-10, 05:35 PM   #3
zsv650

could be something ninitendo have done to their version of it's firmware to stop you using aftermarket card's just a thought.
Old 07-01-10, 05:51 PM   #4
Vindaloo

I thought the R4-type cards didn't work on a DSi. Haven't gotten around to trying it yet and dunno if there's a new one that bypasses the new security, though.

Adrian
Vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 06:20 PM   #5
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Afternoon all...

We have a black DSi purchased summer 2009. We use an Acekard with micro SD in it for music etc.

We purchased a new DSi (Electric blue colour) and another Acekard and micro SD. The newmicro SD has been formatted identically to the old one and works correctly in the OLD DSi.

Neither SD's/Acekards work in the new DSi. I have inserted a bona fide Nintendo game card in the slot and this seems to function correctly.

The instruction manual states that I should be able to use a card other than a Nintendo one....so has anyone here had a similar problem or know of a quick fix?
Nintendo often update firmware/hardware to battle piracy, I am betting the Acekard was dealt with in the newer DSi

A newer version of the Acekard/R4 should sort it out tho, as long as they are ahead of Nintendo's revisions that is.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-10, 06:57 PM   #6
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Nintendo often update firmware/hardware to battle piracy, I am betting the Acekard was dealt with in the newer DSi

A newer version of the Acekard/R4 should sort it out tho, as long as they are ahead of Nintendo's revisions that is.
I ahve a feeling that this could well be the very problem. There is a difference between the V1.3 and 1.4. I'm will ing to bet that the new DSi has the 1.4. I have tried a DSi forum and followed some links but no joy yet. Might look at R4...

Thanks BTW...
Old 07-01-10, 07:13 PM   #7
bris

I have a r4i for the DSi and it is the new v1.4 version, the old 1.3 version will not work in the newer ones. They are working on a fix but not out yet.
Old 07-01-10, 07:33 PM   #8
Stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris View Post
I have a r4i for the DSi and it is the new v1.4 version, the old 1.3 version will not work in the newer ones. They are working on a fix but not out yet.
Presumably you got yours off the web...