SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-09-14, 08:59 PM   #1
Aligowers

Default Curvy indicators not working.

Hi folks in the middle of wiring up my vapour speedo and My indicators have all stopped working also the ignition switch stopped working but after i pulled out the flasher and put it back in its working again.
I have checked the fuses over and over they are all fine and i have replaced them just to make sure. Everything else is working fine just no indicators could it be the flasher needs replaced.
Im pretty sure I crossed the wires when i wiring in the new vapour. I heard the usual click of a fuse blowing but there all fine any ideas guys whats going on i would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Just checked my main fuse its fine. I have checked over everything again but i still cant figure out why none of the indicators will turn on. Im sure its not a bad earth as they were working fine until i crossed the dash indicator connection. And I have checked my switch gear and its clean with no corrosion. Im all out of ideas.

Last edited by Aligowers; 10-09-14 at 12:33 AM.
Old 11-09-14, 07:06 PM   #2
ChrisCurvyS

Default Re: Curvy indicators not working.

It's probably something to do with the fancy dash but I had this problem once on my curvy and it turned out to be a frayed wire behind the nearside front fairing - might be worth a look.
I may have a spare non-led relay which you can have for postage to test - will be next week before I can have a look though.
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-14, 08:13 PM   #3
Aligowers

Hi there thanks for the reply I replaced the Flash relay and it fixed all my issues then burnt it again crossing wires woops. Lesson learned now need to wait for another one coming in the post (i bought two this time). I'm having issues connecting up my indicators to the dash light so its a single light like the original speedo. Im sure ill figure it out and hopefully I wont destroy anymore relays. Opened one up to check and i could smell burning wires not fun but owell. This is my first attempt at wiring up anything other than a standard house hold plug. Should have paid more attention in school

Last edited by Aligowers; 11-09-14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-09-14, 08:02 AM   #4
ChrisCurvyS

Ha ha - sure you're making a better job of it than I would! Really fancied one of those vapour dashes when my curvy got written off but couldn't get my head round how it links up with analogue inputs like the Speedo.
Hope you get it sorted and post the pics when you're done!
ChrisCurvyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-14, 03:39 PM   #5
Aligowers

The easy part was setting up the speddo its a new cable that picks up a magnet on the front wheel rotar. Really easy to install just keep frying these relays setting up my indicators got the neutral full beam and oil pressure working im not bothered about the fuel gauge. I never use it or trust it. It looks much better than the curvy s dash and ive removed all the fairing and fitted new top yoke for renthal bars. Bikes looking good and feels much better without clipons just got to sort these indicators out. Hopefully new relays will arrive tomorrow bought two this time just in case lol