SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-06-21, 04:16 PM   #9691
Seeker
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I ordered something, which was in stock, on Friday for delivery today, it never showed. I have emailed the company 3 times today and only received an auto response saying they're extra busy. I have no idea when it will be delivered. What's surprising is that it is Sportsbikeshop - I've used them many times and their customer service has been flawless, but not today.
Old 07-06-21, 05:59 PM   #9692
DJ123
Mega Poster

Which courier was it with? If it's Royal Mail then it'll be a day late.

And why not call, rather than email 3 times?

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 07:03 PM   #9693
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ123 View Post
Which courier was it with? If it's Royal Mail then it'll be a day late.

And why not call, rather than email 3 times?
DPD (next working day) and email is free (since I'm paying for the 'net anyway). Surely the question is why they're not answering emails not my choice of communication?

I suspect that their stock level was incorrectly tallied since they no longer list the colour I ordered and I'm guessing it's out of stock. Since I placed the order on Thursday evening it's annoying that they haven't yet informed me.

I'll call and cancel the order tomorrow and look elsewhere.

Last edited by Seeker; 07-06-21 at 07:04 PM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 07:23 PM   #9694
DJ123
Mega Poster

Unusual - i am guessing you did not get a DPD dispatch notice, which would confirm the delivery was not due.

Do you not get free calls with your mobile or landline? I do with both so would not consider it a cost. TBH i am fairly sure, like most people/companies these days, the emails are busy and they get round to it when they can - pretty sure they have more than just 1 customer with an issue/question/query

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 10:33 PM   #9695
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
I ordered something, which was in stock, on Friday for delivery today, it never showed. I have emailed the company 3 times today and only received an auto response saying they're extra busy. I have no idea when it will be delivered. What's surprising is that it is Sportsbikeshop - I've used them many times and their customer service has been flawless, but not today.
I wouldn't be too bothered about something ordered on Friday not being delivered on Monday ! Give it a few days surely!
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-21, 10:36 PM   #9696
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Logic board has gone apparently. They couldn’t work it out at my appointment but held onto it to diagnose and have just got back to me. £480 to fix.
Rip off !
Old 08-06-21, 06:53 AM   #9697
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
I wouldn't be too bothered about something ordered on Friday not being delivered on Monday ! Give it a few days surely!
Maybe it's me then but I find waiting all day for a (non-existent) delivery when I could be riding, infuriating. When their website declares: "next working day delivery" I don't consider it unreasonable to expect that.
If they don't have stock, tell me and I'll look elsewhere.
Old 08-06-21, 09:10 AM   #9698
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Logic board has gone apparently. They couldn’t work it out at my appointment but held onto it to diagnose and have just got back to me. £480 to fix.
That would have been my guess. It's an absolute joke isn't it 2015-2018 (+ ?) were bad years for logic boards. We had nearly 100% failure at work, great deal when they're double the cost of a similar less trendy laptop.

Last edited by Dave20046; 08-06-21 at 09:11 AM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-21, 10:27 PM   #9699
svenrico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
Maybe it's me then but I find waiting all day for a (non-existent) delivery when I could be riding, infuriating. When their website declares: "next working day delivery" I don't consider it unreasonable to expect that.
If they don't have stock, tell me and I'll look elsewhere.
Oh ,yes ,I agree ,if you were actually waiting in all day to receive the delivery, that is infuriating. I have had deliveries left in a safe place, left with neighbour or left for collection at local post office, for example, to save having to wait in for parcels.
Old 10-06-21, 12:45 AM   #9700
svenrico

See avatar. That is the oil filter on my September 2021 sv650 after about 4,000 miles. I have never had the paint finish flake off an oil filter like that before on any bike . The dealer and Suzuki don't want to know under the warranty , saying it is not a manufacturing fault and something has 'got at it', whatever that is supposed to mean. Obviously corrosion will occur if the paint flakes off to leave exposed bare metal. I know it will be changed at the next service but the starter motor finish is poor as well. I would say the paint finish is part of the manufacturing process ! Anyway, a different response and after sales service from Suzuki compared to Honda. The paint came off in places on the exhaust silencer box on my 2018 Honda CB650F and Honda replaced the whole exhaust system under the warranty!