SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 18-06-07, 11:12 AM   #11
haggis

Default Re: Skye

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerpam View Post
9 of us started out so we all made it there.

7 of them made it home, my hubby took a fall and had to be helicoptered to Inverness, he has a broken arm and facial injuries so was very lucky. I will be staying with my cousin in Inverness until he is transferred back down to Fife.

Thanks for the note Haggis much appriecited to know there people out there who are willing to lend a hand whenever.

It was the least i could do, in the circumstances. Good that he made full use of the medical facilities on offer, you dont wanna be taken thru to inverness in an ambulance - a very uncomfortable hour or so i'm told.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. Hope the nurses are giving him full attention too, always a nice distraction from the pain, lol.

Oh yeah, nice SV Pam!
Old 18-06-07, 12:05 PM   #12
Quedos

Get well soon Mr bikerpam !
Old 21-06-07, 04:55 PM   #13
bikerpam

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post
Oh yeah, nice SV Pam!
Hoping to go pick it up tonight .

Back in Fife and absolutely shattered, cant fault the medical service in the highlands at all, they were on the ball and got him back to me in 1 piece. The bike is a different matter but hey it's a risk we all take when we go out and I keep having to tell myself that.

Thought it would put him off the kwaks but low and behold even in the condition he is in he is eyeing up a zx10.

The family wanted me to sell mine after this but no chance, we will make it back up to Skye and Haggis be warned we will make it to Portree for a pint. may be next year if I have to wait for him like but it is a definate rideout in the planning .
Old 25-06-07, 06:12 PM   #14
Jok

Hey Pam! Fancy meetin you here!! Hows Dave doin?
Old 25-06-07, 09:37 PM   #15
bikerpam

Hiya Jok,

Great to see you here .

Dave is doing well I think he is going to attempt the Acorn on Wednesday for a wee while. Still gets really tired but the support we have had from everyone has been great. We were at Dunfermline today for a check on his elbow and then we headed to Scott Murrays then onto Perth it put a smile on his face looking at the bikes. As long as he takes his painkillers I dont have a problem taking him in the car even with my terrible sense of direction lol.

Last edited by bikerpam; 25-06-07 at 09:43 PM.
Old 26-06-07, 05:59 PM   #16
haggis

It's so good to hear he's doing well and that you've not both been put off by the ordeal.

I'll not put the order in at the bar just yet tho...
Old 26-06-07, 06:53 PM   #17
kitkat

glad he is doing ok pam. oh yeah tony I think I could be the ecosse curse. nearly every rideout that northy has had an off I have been in attendance. oops
Old 26-06-07, 08:04 PM   #18
SVTONYB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat View Post

glad he is doing ok pam. oh yeah tony I think I could be the ecosse curse. nearly every rideout that northy has had an off I have been in attendance. oops

No Kitty you're a Jinx not a Curse
Old 26-06-07, 08:10 PM   #19
bikerpam

lol poor kitkat.

I am really looking forward to meeting you guys at some point .

Strange not having Dave beside me when I go to take the bike out of the garage just now but I'll get there. That sounds stupid, I know I can do it on my own but when you've always had someone there getting their bike out first it makes me feel a wee bitty nervous.

The guys down here have been great though and the offers to come out with me when I feel ready are just amazing.
Old 26-06-07, 08:14 PM   #20
bikerpam

Quote:
Originally Posted by haggis View Post

I'll not put the order in at the bar just yet tho...
With my sense of direction I could end up anywhere if I'm on my own, so your right put it on hold til the navigator is back on form