SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-06-07, 02:59 PM   #1
Paws

Default Chelveston road meet-SHUT DOWN

As of tomorrow night the local meet at star and garter pub in chelveston northants will be no more.
Its been shut down, landlords licence has been revoked and pub is to close-will re-open later in year but bikers ARE NOT welcome!
We were threatened with it being shut down but got a petition going and they backed down,looks like they have changed their mind.
Old 19-06-07, 03:33 PM   #2
stewie

Default Re: Chelveston road meet-SHUT DOWN

When I got into biking in the 70,s it wasnt unusual to be told ' we dont serve your type here' in a lot of pubs, maybe some things dont completely change eh ? why dont you change it the rockingham hotel that way I can call round in me truck sometimes.lol.
Old 19-06-07, 05:22 PM   #3
gettin2dizzy

On the grounds of what?
Old 19-06-07, 07:41 PM   #4
Ceri JC

Its been shut down, landlords licence has been revoked and pub is to close-will re-open later in year but bikers ARE NOT welcome!

When it re-opens, all go back there. If you get asked to leave, kick up a fuss on human rights/discrimination grounds.
Old 19-06-07, 09:39 PM   #5
Moffatt666

I'm sure I read that such discrimination is against the terms of the landlords' licence.
Old 19-06-07, 10:01 PM   #6
Paws

closed due to a few things, all petty but all built up and used against us, its only one women in the village that complained about us, but she kepts complaining
Old 19-06-07, 10:11 PM   #7
SV225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws View Post
closed due to a few things, all petty but all built up and used against us, its only one women in the village that complained about us, but she kepts complaining
Complain about her and see if she gets 'revoked'
Old 19-06-07, 10:35 PM   #8
fat_brstd

at the end of the day it doesnt matter who you are a landlord can refuse you service on any grounds - I dont like your face, no beer. I dont like you skin colour, no beer. I dont like your gender, no beer. I dont like you fetish for leather and riding fast, no beer. There is nothing that you can do to stop a landlord from preventing you from getting a pint in there pub. Its the only place left in the whole country where you can descriminate against any group you feel like and not have to answer for your bigotry in a court.

sorry guys but it sounds like your screwed