SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 11-02-08, 07:15 AM   #1
scWirral

Default My Curvy now listed on Ebay

Hi, If you are looking for an SV or know anyone who could be interested, please take a look at my auction. I am only selling because I got an offer I couldn't refuse on a friend of a friend' Fireblade. Result is the SV's gotta go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:L:LCA:GB:1123

Old 11-02-08, 09:44 PM   #2
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: My Curvy now listed on Ebay

Thats a smart looking bike, very nice.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 10:07 PM   #3
scWirral

Thanks for that. I will be sorry to see it go, especially at the money that I expect it to fetch, but then I did well on the Blade, so I guess its what you've got to accept when selling a used bike. There is no way I would ever buy new (well, maybe if I had more money...)

I can't get this 'must have this year's model' mentality, particularly when the very newest bikes are generally too extreme for the road (if they're sports bikes) and choked by the latest emissions gear.
Old 12-02-08, 11:24 AM   #4
dyzio
Mega Poster

Very nice!
Did you get the high level link pipe and the exhaust bracket with the exhaust?

Last edited by dyzio; 12-02-08 at 11:50 AM.
dyzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-08, 02:19 PM   #5
scWirral

Thanks for the postitive comments. The pipe was on when I bought the bike, I assume the link pipe was also from Scorpion, but I could be wrong. To be honest, the pipe is a bit too loud and after the last MOT I left the standard can on for a while, which Mrs Scwirral approved of. I bought a baffle insert off Ebay which has calmed things down a bit. The high level pipe looks good and helps ground clearance (like I ever lean over that far!) so I wanted to put it back on. Just had to drill a single hole in the can to locate the baffle.

Still think I'll put the Suzuki can on for the MOT

If you know anyone who is looking for a great bike cheap, then do us both a favour by directing them to the auction! I wish I new someone myself who wanted it, as it really is a bike I would be happy to sell to a mate!
Old 12-02-08, 02:20 PM   #6
hovis

what blade did you get?
Old 12-02-08, 02:45 PM   #7
scWirral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
what blade did you get?
CBR900RRW, S plate. Slated in the reviews of the time for having gone soft, but faster on track than the earlier bikes AND more comfortable as a road bike!

I know that you struggled for a while to sell your SV, Hovis. What happened in the end? I have been sitting on the SV over winter waiting for Xmas to pass and the better weather to be a bit closer and have seen a couple of tidy SVs sell on Ebay for realistic money, so I thought I would give it a go. Have set a realistic but fair reserve. I know that brand new bikes like SVs and ER6s are often discounted to £4k, so an early SV is not going to make big money, but I am not going to give it away for nothing.

Old 12-02-08, 03:08 PM   #8
hovis

nice blade, looks in good cond

in the end i sold all the extras seprate, i then sold the bike for £1200 standad, which i was hppy with, as i made a fair bit off all the bits.

good luck with the sale
Old 12-02-08, 03:17 PM   #9
scWirral

Yeah, I have set a reserve knowing that if the bike is a couple of hundred off then I can offer it to the winning bidder without the can, hugger, bellypan, braided hoses etc. They can then either up their offer, take the bike without the extras or drop out and I'll try something else.

To buy a rough example for say £1000 and put it into this condition would probably cost more than £500, but no one pays for mods, good tyres, chainset etc when they are buying used.

I am chuffed with the Blade. I thought it would be really hardcore, but it is just like a well suspended SV, with a lower centre of gravity and a load more umph!
Old 12-02-08, 10:39 PM   #10
bad-sv650

i'm keeping a watch on yours It's mint!

Just so I've got an idea of how much mine will go for, as it's proberly the same spec.

But not sure what to get next. Love the SV