SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 24-09-17, 01:40 PM   #4171
Kenzie

Default Re: Vintage film cameras

Just seen my post higher up about the OM1 for £180, today was a good day! Just got to finish filing this gear down for the 44. It's a 50mm f3.5 Zuiko macro lens, came with the camera. I saw it was different and a little deeper but assumed that it was an older lens. Apparently valuable, never seen one before. Shame that the filter ring is dented. I thought that the iso dial was the shutter speed at first. It's smaller than I thought it would be, and light. It also had an exposed film inside.

http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...acrozuikoC.htm

Last edited by Kenzie; 24-09-17 at 08:47 PM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 09:08 AM   #4172
Craigg

Hi Guys, me again. got all the film together, what do you think, should i sell as a job lot (all in, or separate colour/b&w?)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...NfbTZzZGZjQWhn

what's a fair asking price?

managed to check out the Fujifilm professional, its fully working (still has film in it and a full battery) and have found the box and manuals for it also, is ebay the best place to sell it you think?

Also having an issue with the XD7, again its got film in it. but the lever gets stuck(it moves a bit then just stops fast), at first i thought that meant it was ready to snap, but it wont activate the shutter, any ideas? it does have the Minolta auto winder thing attached to the bottom, could this be the issue? (i did try removing it also with the same result)

any of you guys develop your own film? there is a lot of blank photopaper, mostly sealed in various sizes. and obviously a truck tonne of development kit also.

Last edited by Craigg; 25-09-17 at 09:11 AM.
Craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 12:31 PM   #4173
yokohama

Craig. In the xd7, is the film finished? If so, it won't wind on any more. Try taking it out anyway. Is the ****ter window up or down?
Kenzie, unusual lens that. I've never come across one of those before. Definitely worth trying out.
Having massive difficulties uploading pics to google or OneDrive.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 01:39 PM   #4174
Craigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokohama View Post
Craig. In the xd7, is the film finished? If so, it won't wind on any more. Try taking it out anyway. Is the ****ter window up or down?
Kenzie, unusual lens that. I've never come across one of those before. Definitely worth trying out.
Having massive difficulties uploading pics to google or OneDrive.
looking at whats on the right hand spool, id say there cant be more than 1 or 2 pictures out of the film.

when you say shutter window, what do you mean? there is a little shutter that "closes" the viewfinder?
Craigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-17, 02:13 PM   #4175
yokohama

Sorry. I mean the mirror in front of the shutter. If you look through the viewfinder, can you see through the lens or is it black? If you can see through, then the mirror is down and the shutter hasn't been c***ked, which implies the problem is with the winder somewhere. Can't be much more help at the moment as I can't have a look at mine to check the mechanism. You could try putting batteries in the winder, see if that will wind it on from the base but I suspect the winder might have something to do with the problem.
Old 25-09-17, 05:24 PM   #4176
Kenzie

Are you not going to fly home to check? This is the lens Yoko 202064074391
Old 25-09-17, 10:22 PM   #4177
yokohama

Definitely not seen one of those with the macro function before. Give it a whirl. I'd like to see the results from that. It's weird using an Olympus after other cameras and finding the shutter dial at the base of the lens and not on top but it is comfortable and easy to do once you get used to it.
Old 26-09-17, 01:54 AM   #4178
yokohama

I know they are digital and not analogue but if you are interested, there's a China 2017 album in my profile with a few of saturdays pics. Taken with the OMD EM10 with 14-42 kit lens and the b&w done through the camera settings and not post processed.
I'll try to put up a new selection in a week or 2.
Old 26-09-17, 06:46 PM   #4179
Kenzie

All photos are welcome, some good shots in there Yoko. Admin, fancy a winder for your new OM? 272859469838
Old 26-09-17, 07:02 PM   #4180
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Picked up the om10 yesterday. Good condition but shutter is locked. Mirror is jammed in the down position. Second shutter curtain has come off its runner too.