SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-06-10, 08:44 PM   #1
liathich

Default Which top yoke?

Am now the proud owner of a shiny black pointy K8s and already have changed the exhaust to a blue flame can.() Next job is to change the bars to naked set up and also foot pegs which i understand will drop foot position? Question is, which naked top yoke and foot peg model years will fit my bike. and will i need to change any cables etc from the bar controls or will they all reroute ok. Dan.
Old 07-06-10, 09:42 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Which top yoke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by liathich View Post
Am now the proud owner of a shiny black pointy K8s and already have changed the exhaust to a blue flame can.() Next job is to change the bars to naked set up and also foot pegs which i understand will drop foot position? Question is, which naked top yoke and foot peg model years will fit my bike. and will i need to change any cables etc from the bar controls or will they all reroute ok. Dan.
I have a nice yoke, risers and renthals for sale, see here.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=152363
Old 07-06-10, 09:58 PM   #3
xXBADGERXx

You can use Specialone`s kit which is a bargain , but you will need extended brake lines , funnily enough I am swapping mine out very soon for even longer ones as I am putting SV1000 calipers on my bike so my hoses will be surplus to requirements . Footpegs can go 2 ways really . Buy Riser plates and flip them upside down and then mount your existing pegs to them , or Buell footpegs can drop down about an inch . You may have to re-route clutch cable with the bar kit . I run an ABM comfort kit and it didn`t take long to install it all .
Old 07-06-10, 10:07 PM   #4
Specialone

Only thing i needed was longer throttle (cant be bothered to swap back) and longer brake lines, just re-routed clutch cable, actually it was you badger that advised me on that, thanks again

Phil
Old 07-06-10, 10:15 PM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Oh yeah , throttle cables , Streetfighter superstore or 998cc.com or whatever they are called now will provide them . Dude I`ve given so much advice on bar conversions and read so much advice that I can`t remember who or what I have advised to people . All I remember is that it was less of a mess around buying a kit like yours
Old 07-06-10, 11:58 PM   #6
liathich

Thanks for the info and offers of kit and brake lines Specialone and Badger. If the offers are still around at end of month i'll take them both. Regards, Dan.
Old 08-06-10, 12:16 AM   #7
xXBADGERXx

No worries man , give us a yell when ready , where do you live ?
Old 08-06-10, 04:39 PM   #8
liathich

Dumfries.