SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 19-02-21, 09:23 PM   #1
chris8886
Member
Mega Poster
 
chris8886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 2,796
Default The Covid19 thread

Got my covid vaccine late this morning, feeling a little ropey right now, but some paracetamol and I'll be fine I'm sure
__________________
AR08 to AR13-QUALITY!
650s: '52 curvy in yellow, was my baby
cbr600rr: Mivv exhaust and a bagster tank cover. Now gone to a new home.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-21, 10:41 PM   #2
Dave20046
Member
Mega Poster
 
Dave20046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 10,241
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
Got my covid vaccine late this morning, feeling a little ropey right now, but some paracetamol and I'll be fine I'm sure
You might be the first Org Guinea pig, don't forget to check back in.... if you survive!
__________________
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:23 AM   #3
garynortheast
Member
Mega Poster
 
garynortheast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mid Wales
Posts: 1,917
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

I had mine a fortnight ago, the Astra Zenica one. Absolutely no side effects.

Got the second one on April 24th.

Last edited by garynortheast; 20-02-21 at 09:28 AM.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 09:32 AM   #4
Craig380
Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 998
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Bill Gates now knows where you are at all times, and will KILL you if you criticise Windows 10 to any of your customers.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-21, 10:23 AM   #5
Dave20046
Member
Mega Poster
 
Dave20046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 10,241
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
Bill Gates now knows where you are at all times, and will KILL you if you criticise Windows 10 to any of your customers.
That'll save a few quid on the GPS for you bike tours Gary
__________________
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 12:24 AM   #6
chris8886
Member
Mega Poster
 
chris8886's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 2,796
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
You might be the first Org Guinea pig, don't forget to check back in.... if you survive!


Well, I felt like utter carp before bed last night and then first thing this morning, but am all good again now
__________________
AR08 to AR13-QUALITY!
650s: '52 curvy in yellow, was my baby
cbr600rr: Mivv exhaust and a bagster tank cover. Now gone to a new home.
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 01:06 AM   #7
Bibio
Member
Mega Poster
 
Bibio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dreich Fife (its grey and miserable)
Posts: 11,245
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

12 carers in a nursing home up here all went down with covid but the tests cam back negative so they went ahead and immunised them. all 12 got/had covid and were off ill.


getting the jab does not stop covid just like the flu jab. its not a cure.


speaking of the flu jab i would like to see proper statistics of it actually working as i dont think it has reduced numbers of people catching the flu.


i suspect the covid jab/s will be the same. its here to stay just like the flu (its actually a strain of flu).


more scare mongering so the lying bunch of asswipe politicians can give golden handshakes to their buddies and get backhanders put into offshore accounts (which the BOE mostly control).


tell me..... before the covid pandemic how nay wars/conflicts were going on.. answer not that many...


your government HAS to spend money or the public want lower taxation/duty and we cant have that now can we....


i think its 600million vaticinations ordered and 70million people in the UK.. how does that work..


you are all being conned. yes its a nasty flu (the flu is and if you have ever had it you would know its not a cold or sniffle) but its killing the same amount that would normally die anyway. EVERYBODY is going to contract it but its a case of slowing it down so its manageable for hospitals.


i'll take my tin hat off now.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 01:09 AM   #8
Bibio
Member
Mega Poster
 
Bibio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dreich Fife (its grey and miserable)
Posts: 11,245
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

ooohhh and the left and right dont know what they are doing. it turns out that the wife should not have had the jab as she has had a subarachnoid haemorrhage.......
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 09:53 AM   #9
R1ffR4ff
Member
Mega Poster
 
R1ffR4ff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: JAMOADR(1999 Naked Curvy)
Posts: 1,306
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris8886 View Post
Got my covid vaccine late this morning, feeling a little ropey right now, but some paracetamol and I'll be fine I'm sure
Got mine this Friday(OAZ) as well. So far no side effects
__________________
"Stultus est sicut stultus facit"
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-21, 01:21 PM   #10
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster
 
Messie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: colchester
Posts: 2,739
Default Re: Smile of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
12 carers in a nursing home up here all went down with covid but the tests cam back negative so they went ahead and immunised them. all 12 got/had covid and were off ill.


getting the jab does not stop covid just like the flu jab. its not a cure.


speaking of the flu jab i would like to see proper statistics of it actually working as i dont think it has reduced numbers of people catching the flu.


i suspect the covid jab/s will be the same. its here to stay just like the flu (its actually a strain of flu).


more scare mongering so the lying bunch of asswipe politicians can give golden handshakes to their buddies and get backhanders put into offshore accounts (which the BOE mostly control).


tell me..... before the covid pandemic how nay wars/conflicts were going on.. answer not that many...


your government HAS to spend money or the public want lower taxation/duty and we cant have that now can we....


i think its 600million vaticinations ordered and 70million people in the UK.. how does that work..


you are all being conned. yes its a nasty flu (the flu is and if you have ever had it you would know its not a cold or sniffle) but its killing the same amount that would normally die anyway. EVERYBODY is going to contract it but its a case of slowing it down so its manageable for hospitals.


i'll take my tin hat off now.
In the interest of free speech I'll not delete this post. However, what you state is not supported by any evidence and indeed there is much evidence to contradict many of the points you make. I'd be much happier if you added 'in your opinion...'. On many social media platforms this type of post would be fact checked then deleted
__________________
There's a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness
Messie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tiger catches Covid19 Seeker Idle Banter 0 06-04-20 06:10 AM
9/11 Discussion Thread - Split from 9/11 respect thread Berlin Idle Banter 76 15-09-12 08:32 AM
The Racing Thread - THIS THREAD CONTAINS RESULT INFO Jelster Racing and Paddock Chat 1491 15-11-06 12:10 AM
Thread split from St Georges Day rideout thread...rant, etc. RenamedMonkey South & West Surfers 24 18-04-05 11:16 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.