SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 25-10-15, 09:07 AM   #1
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking My New Bike

If your gonna make a change, make it a big one !!!

Just fancied going somewhere totally different this time. Since i test rode the Indian Scout earlier this year and just enjoyed the feeling of cruising along, not a care in the world, that set this course. |Didn't think this time, but this little beauty has only 1200 miles on the clock and is like new.

First time for a while, I am actually looking out of the window wishing the roads to dry out, so i can go out to play. I lost that feeling for the gixxer, and was actually putting more miles on my KTM 250 EXC.
Old 25-10-15, 09:17 AM   #2
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed
Default Re: My New Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
First time for a while, I am actually looking out of the window wishing the roads to dry out, so i can go out to play. I lost that feeling for the gixxer, and was actually putting more miles on my KTM 250 EXC.
That's what's it's all about.

I test rode a Bonne a few years ago and although it was slow and wobbled a bit round corners, I was very surprised just how much I enjoyed it, great fun.
Old 25-10-15, 09:37 AM   #3
SIII
Mega Poster

They are slow and cornering is bizarre compared to hanging over the front of an SV or Gixxer, but where a gixxer is all about that front end and corners, this is all about sitting back and enjoying the world around.
Old 25-10-15, 09:46 AM   #4
Fordward

Looking nice Ron! That's the widest front tyre I've even seen on a motorbike.

Very shiny, if you're about to start doing loads of miles on it at this time of year, have a look at these guys

http://allyearbiker.co.uk/

It takes me half a day of lying on the garage floor to properly clean and ACF50 the Tiger, and it's messy, so £65 to have someone do it for you is a bit of a no brainer for me.
Old 25-10-15, 10:27 AM   #5
TamSV
Mega Poster

Default My New Bike

Nice. I really like them.
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-15, 10:44 AM   #6
AJC

Crikey! Its a pretty thing but a total surprise! I still want photo evidence of you sat on it holding the v5 in your name

I am due a shot of my friends Harley at some point, so I might get to experience this cruising thing and see what it's all about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordward View Post
Very shiny, if you're about to start doing loads of miles on it at this time of year, have a look at these guys

http://allyearbiker.co.uk/

It takes me half a day of lying on the garage floor to properly clean and ACF50 the Tiger, and it's messy, so £65 to have someone do it for you is a bit of a no brainer for me.
Highly recommend this! Had the blade done a couple of weeks ago before putting it away for the winter and it is spotless. Also ACF'ed to the max!

It looks better than any time I have cleaned it and I also would take a good 4 hours trying!...
Old 25-10-15, 01:07 PM   #7
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Highly recommend all year biker we have the md doing the bikes in the north east

sent with all the fury of a clogged drain!!

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-15, 01:19 PM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC View Post
Crikey! Its a pretty thing but a total surprise! I still want photo evidence of you sat on it holding the v5 in your name ..
Yes indeed plus the obligatory tassled leather jacket to go with it

Shiny shiny, very different to the gixxer
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-15, 03:48 PM   #9
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Wow. That's a step change and a half

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-15, 04:59 PM   #10
Creaky

Very nice bike.
I changed my Curvy for a Thruxton back in February and really enjoying it.

Creaky is offline   Reply With Quote