SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 23-04-06, 02:58 PM   #1
swamp

Default Black K5 with lots of extras what price ?

I am thinking of selling my sv650s k5. Its a black one with the black frame. What sort of price could I expect to get. It done 1500 miles from new so far, me being the first owner. Never been dropped or seen rain. Extras include genuine suzuki colour matched hugger, genuine suzuki colour matched belly pan, hamicad powered black s/s tail tidy, slightly smaller number plate (but not silly small) motrax mini indicators all round, DHM crash bungs, hamicad s/s radiator cover and oil cooler cover, gel tank protector silver with sv logo, suzuki silver top yoke protector with logo, chome bar ends. Think thats it.

Also have a NWS bike lift stand which I might sell with it.

Still very much in 2 minds about selling but I am thinking about it. Bike is mint like new but the money would help to buy a better car than the old polo I have now and maybe a cheap IL4 later ?

pic here...

http://www.triodesystems.pwp.blueyon.../my-sv650s.jpg
Old 23-04-06, 05:50 PM   #2
Alex Leigh

Swamp. You have mail.
Old 23-04-06, 07:14 PM   #3
swamp

Forgot, it also has a metal secure type silver tax disc holder, some magnetic tank knee pads for the knee wells to protect tank paintwork from leathers plus a front fenda extenda. The magnetic pads just pull off.
Old 23-04-06, 07:50 PM   #4
Anonymous

I would say a very good price. Black/black seems very popular and much missed. Personally (were looking for one which I'm not) I would go for a nice used black/black over a new. Definitely at the top end of the used scale and worth trying for not much less than you paid for it Good luck!

Oops, sorry Alex, but the man did ask.

I would also say in your case def sell private and not trade it.
Old 24-04-06, 12:03 PM   #5
swamp

Ok, thanks. I paid 4700 for the bike with the dealer fitted oem hugger and belly pan and spent at least another 300 on extras so 5k in total Would 4300 be about right for now.

How much per year do the SV lose in value (if its only used as a toy and not commuting). Incase I decide to keep it for another year.
Old 24-04-06, 12:20 PM   #6
Ward8124

Why could have you said anything before i bought my new replacement!!!! Drat drat and double drat!!!!
Old 24-04-06, 05:06 PM   #7
Jelster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp
Ok, thanks. I paid 4700 for the bike with the dealer fitted oem hugger and belly pan and spent at least another 300 on extras so 5k in total Would 4300 be about right for now.

How much per year do the SV lose in value (if its only used as a toy and not commuting). Incase I decide to keep it for another year.
Personally, I reckon anything over £4k is too much. No matter what options you have fitted, or how little it has been used. You can get new bikes for £4k, so take that on board.

Old 24-04-06, 07:13 PM   #8
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelster
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp

Personally, I reckon anything over £4k is too much. No matter what options you have fitted, or how little it has been used. You can get new bikes for £4k, so take that on board.
Personally, I wouldn't pay much more than £3,600 for a spec'd up K5 'S' - Less for a K5 'N'
Old 24-04-06, 07:32 PM   #9
Anonymous

Cloggs mate...its BLACK Aim for 4k min, I assume without the extras it cost something like 4.3k then? And if folks say you can get new a new one for 4k...say yeah, but in powder blue
No point underselling it at the start
Old 24-04-06, 07:56 PM   #10
El Saxo

What about selling the extras seperatley? A bit more hassle but might fetch more in the long run