SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-11-18, 06:01 PM   #71
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: the mood in your area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...39216.html?amp

An MP who didn't realise Brexit meant we would have no MEPs!!!
just shows how fekin thick politicians are.

brexit negotiations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9DCAFUerzs
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 06:51 PM   #72
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
just shows how fekin thick politicians are.

brexit negotiations https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9DCAFUerzs

What she was saying was that because this deal means we are not actually leaving the European union we still need MEP's to help make the laws that we will be subject to... If we were actually leaving properly we will not need mep's although the UK government was caught last year making provision to fund a full compliment of MEP's after March 2019 - should have rung alarm bells, but it hardly made the news.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-18, 07:28 PM   #73
Bibio
Mega Poster

so what the UK government want is their cake and a party to go with it....
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-18, 08:49 PM   #74
ethariel

No I don't like the EU, I don't like other European countries telling us to go metric, ditch the pounds and ounces and gallons and miles, you have to be the same as us!

What's the leaving point for those that want to remain to change thier minds? - An EC directive to drive on the wrong side of the road? Give back Gibraltar because it's not ours? Join the Euro as we shouldn't have our own currency? Have the number of refugees we accept dictated to us by Europe (oops that one has already happened)?

The original deal that was signed up to was the EEC (European Economic Community for those not old enough to remember), that was a good idea, a common economic gathering of countries, then it morphed into the political animal that it is now, and I, for one, really don't like it.
ethariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-18, 09:37 PM   #75
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

[QUOTE=Seeker;3095333]This is a non political question about your area's mood on Brexit.
I contributed to an opinion thread in the Guardian yesterday and I was surprised when someone said that there was now a sense of "good feelings and sentiment" towards the EU.
I live in a heavily anti EU town in a heavily anti EU county and from what I can tell the mood here is that the EU is the enemy and attitudes are hardening. I am not saying whether it's right or wrong but it's in stark contrast to what the other reader was saying (and I don't know in what part of the country he dwelt).

So, what's the mood in your area? Good feelings towards the EU?

(please, no leave/remain arguments)[/QUOTE

Don't forget
Old 24-11-18, 09:29 AM   #76
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethariel View Post
No I don't like the EU, I don't like other European countries telling us to go metric, ditch the pounds and ounces and gallons and miles, you have to be the same as us!

What's the leaving point for those that want to remain to change thier minds? - An EC directive to drive on the wrong side of the road? Give back Gibraltar because it's not ours? Join the Euro as we shouldn't have our own currency? Have the number of refugees we accept dictated to us by Europe (oops that one has already happened)?

The original deal that was signed up to was the EEC (European Economic Community for those not old enough to remember), that was a good idea, a common economic gathering of countries, then it morphed into the political animal that it is now, and I, for one, really don't like it.
+1

https://brexitcentral.com/

The UK public were always going to be given a choice between a bad deal ( half in half out and under EU Customs union and ECJ ) and no deal, politicians have not really improved since the days of Ted heath and Harold Wilson, but news of their misdeeds get around a lot faster these days ( internet is good for some things ).

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
Old 24-11-18, 09:53 AM   #77
timwilky
Mega Poster

Here in the impoverished north where we have never seen any benefit of EU membership, it is hardly surprising that Brexit went the way it did. It was a protest, the politicians of all houses were not listening to us. Industry has been destroyed. The NHS is failing, it is impossible to get appointments, There is no infrastructure spending, we give, politicians just take.

There is no public transport, roads fallling apart. massive youth unemployment. All in all the mood was it couldn't get much worse.

The EU failed to listen to the mood, hence turning down Cameron's reform requests leading to Brexit. They are still not listening. The mood locally is more than ever one to get out of this madhouse. Remainers are fed up, they wish the EU would give a little to enable a deal all could be happy with. Instead the EU will drive us into a no deal to teach any other country thinking of leaving what the concequences are.

I just hope what ever form brexit takes. it eventually becomes a success.
Old 24-11-18, 03:03 PM   #78
SV650rules
Mega Poster

http://www.theeuroprobe.org/2015-088...u-not-our-gov/

that big white elephant HS2 is an EU requirement, so that the big knobs in Brussels can get around their territory more quickly, almost a gravy train really.

Any organisation that takes £10 billion off you and gives you about 3 back for projects providing you put massive signs up saying 'funded by EU' is a bit dodgy, it is even more dodgy when they use your money to bribe companies to move industry from your country to places like Poland, Hungary etc ( or even move Ford Transit to Turkey ).