SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-11-14, 01:06 PM   #71
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Default Re: Supervox Down :-( ... But Not Out :-)

The blind git's insurers who run him over will be footing the bill for his injuries and remedial care
Old 20-11-14, 10:46 PM   #72
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

At the moment that isn't the way it's going. Fingers crossed that a good solicitor can get it turned around so that Jon can claim off the other party. However, if you are found to be the one at fault for the accident you have to find the cash yourself. Even if they do pay it could be over a year before it gets sorted, which isn't much help, I know Stu's case took 20 months and got sorted 24 hours before it was due to go to court.
Old 21-11-14, 06:16 AM   #73
maviczap
Mega Poster

Dalton White are probably the best motorcycle solicitors to go to, as Jon's crash sounds similar to SvRich's.

Rich was going nowhere until he switched to DW.
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-14, 10:55 AM   #74
Tomor
Mega Poster

Another vote for White Dalton. They are brilliant and really know what they are talking about.

Sent from my magical portable device
Old 21-11-14, 11:29 AM   #75
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

All - Thanks for the good wishes and advice - seeing as the same name keeps coming up I'll be contacting White Dalton next week to see what they advise.
Old 21-11-14, 11:51 AM   #76
NTECUK
Mega Poster

The guidance for this type of claim had a good result for us that use motorcycles to relive congestion
That situation has now been remedied. In June this year the senior Court of Appeal heard the case of Eric Davis. Mr Davis had been filtering along a straight section of the A40 in Oxfordshire, past a single lane of stationary traffic. His speed was 40-45 mph. He was 2/3rds into the opposite carriageway. His right indicator was flashing and his headlight was on dipped beam. Mr Schrogin was one of the drivers caught up in the stationary traffic, travelling in the same direction as Mr Davis. The opposite carriageway was completely clear and the level of visibility was excellent for Mr Davis to be safely overtaking. Mr Schrogin decided to perform a U-turn with inevitable consequences. The Appeal Court upheld the original trial Judge's conclusion on the basis that Mr Davis could have done nothing to avoid the accident.".
Old 21-11-14, 05:14 PM   #77
maviczap
Mega Poster

Exactly what happened to SvRich, but he wouldn't have won his case without the help of White Dalton. It was going 50/50 with the solicitors appointed by his insurers.

He wasn't happy and employed WD
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-14, 05:25 PM   #78
garynortheast
Mega Poster

And another recommendation for White Dalton. They dealt successfully with my Father in Law's motorcycle accident claim.
garynortheast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-14, 05:47 PM   #79
Red Herring
Mega Poster

I'm sure Jon appreciates all the positive messages of support but I suspect it might be a little early to be quoting case law. All we know about the circumstances of Jon's incident is what he said in his OP, that he was "taken out by a car at all of 15mph by him deciding to turn right whilst I was alongside him".

If the other party hasn't rolled over and admitted liability straight away they obviously feel Jon shouldn't have been alongside them at that time, so I suspect the advice that Jon get a good solicitor is well founded.

I am in no way suggesting the driver should have done what they did and Jon is in any way to blame, but I do know that as a motorcyclist it is very easy for us to find ourselves in a very vulnerable position by just dropping our guard for a moment.

Good luck Jon, as I said in my earlier post I do hope it all works out for you.
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-14, 07:27 PM   #80
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Plenty of cage drivers get road blind in congestion situations.
OK we don't know exactly what occurred,But were not taking about an inexperienced hot under the collar rider.
I've had a few manover signal mirror crowed on my commutes.(two going to get my MRI done today !)
Its not in peoples nature to admit that they were not applying the rules.
They are so preoupied with their own little bubble one even missed the fact an ambulance with blues was trying to get through!