SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-11-18, 05:51 PM   #11
Chris_SVS

Default Re: the mood in your area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
now remember that Westminster has said that you will remain with the UK

having said the above then this means that you will keep the pound... ooohhh wait NI has the NI pound
Ill have to take that, our own eejits in Stormont can't work together nevermind with each other.

Ahh the pound, try to spend some and you get looked at as if you have 3 heads.
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 07:55 PM   #12
Talking Heads

Where I live people don't give much of a shyte about Brexit, we're far more interested in Independence and it can't come soon enough.
Talking Heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 08:17 PM   #13
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Biggles View Post
If there was a second referendum to accept the deal on offer or remain in the EU I believe remain would win but not by a huge margin. I see this issue as more of a tribal/belief thing rather than a rational decision which is why few people change their minds and that only happens over many years as demographics move. So we are where we are which is up a shallow waterway without paddles.
Ah, yes.
The remoaners who say that if they wait long enough, older people ( who remember the good old days ) will pop their clogs, to be replaced in the polling booths by feckless yoofs ( who have been comprehensively brainwashed into embracing the EC way )
Pretty despicable if you ask me - and if you don't!

The idea of repeated referenda until the 'right' result is obtained is, of course one of the prime tactics of the EC.
Old 19-11-18, 08:42 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'll put my hand up and say i'm all for a United European Union. i dont understand the need for all this bickering when the main point in everything is to get along with our neighbours be it whomever. should the wealthier countries not be helping the poorer nations in Europe to bring their standards of living up to ours.. this all take money which each country should give into.

its 2018 FFS not 1818. the world has never been so small due to the internet explosion. its only taken 20 years for people to speak to other people from all over the globe but we still insist in hanging onto stupid "god save the queen" attitudes.

i hope the EU stick it right up Westminster's arz as its about time they got taken down a notch.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 10:57 PM   #15
embee
Mega Poster

Regardless of whether you're a remoaner or a Mogglodite, I really can't understand why anyone thinks that a UK government left entirely to their own devices with no independent over-seers (ECJ etc) will make a better job of things than they have done so far under the directive of the EU.
It's interesting that so many folk in the UK consider that the EU is something which is done to us, rather than us being a member of a club.
The EU have simply stuck to their well established terms and conditions, if we want out of it we leave all the benefits behind, simple. They are the 27 other countries of the EU, why should each or any other country compromise their interests to improve the lot of a country who has decided to quit the club?
Of course we can't have a better deal for trading with the EU than we could while a member, that would just be bonkers, so by definition trade is going to have more friction. Ah yes they say, we'll do trade deals all over the world to compensate. Well, we do as much trade with Belgium as we do with China at present, and who thinks if we do an independent trade deal with China or India or Russia or Brazil that the UK will come out of it best?
The EU has trade deals of one form or another with over 50 countries across the world, which as a member we can make use of. Once we drop out of the EU presumably we also drop out of all those deals. So we then have to do 50+ trade deals of at least as good terms as they have with the EU in order to break even. The EU deal with Japan recently concluded took 7 yrs to negotiate and will take 8 yrs to fully implement. Good luck UK.
I'm feeling fatalistic about it to be honest, it's what the UK wants and it'll be what the UK deserves. Que sera, sera. I guess when everything domestically is going so well here in the UK we can afford ourselves the luxury of breaking away and walking our own path, it's not as if anything needs sorting out at home is it?
I would say c'est la vie, but that's just rubbing salt in the would.
My European friends simply cannot fathom what it is the UK wants out of it, and I reassure them that we don't know either.

Last edited by embee; 19-11-18 at 11:01 PM.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-18, 11:13 PM   #16
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
This is a non political question about your area's mood on Brexit.

(please, no leave/remain arguments)
Well the no leave/remain arguments and non political bit didn't last long did it
Old 19-11-18, 11:16 PM   #17
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Heads View Post
Where I live people don't give much of a shyte about Brexit, we're far more interested in Independence and it can't come soon enough.
You need to ask the right question of the right voters in order to get the right answer. In 2014 had the question been to the whole of the UK "do you want to get rid of the Scot's" they'd have been long gone.
Old 20-11-18, 12:19 AM   #18
Talking Heads

Verily you speak the truth L-O-M.

English turkeys love voting for christmas.
Old 20-11-18, 12:46 AM   #19
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleoldman2 View Post
You need to ask the right question of the right voters in order to get the right answer. In 2014 had the question been to the whole of the UK "do you want to get rid of the Scot's" they'd have been long gone.
you could say the same for the rest of us saying get rid of the English and move the border back to Hadrian's wall.

i'm pretty sure that if Scotland did make it with Independence then the north of England would think long and hard about joining Scotland.

lets face facts, its Westminster thats the problem.

mind you its getting like mini England up here. the English are invading again but this time without guns. Scotland's population is growing not due to Europeans but the English. i'm not joking, they are moving up in their droves.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-18, 01:04 AM   #20
Talking Heads

http://marksimonfrankland.blogspot.c...d-this-is.html