SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 06-06-11, 08:50 AM   #11
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Default Re: Off to ride the Ponderosa

First time I tried it I didn' make it either!
The snow was above the telegraph poles.
Old 06-06-11, 04:51 PM   #12
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
You know the Ponderosa is a cafe yeah? As such I'm not sure you can ride it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcv86 View Post
Unfortunately, he couldn't remember how to get to it, so we spent our entire ride going backwards and forwards down random country lanes, gave up, and ended up in McDonalds in Caerwys lol.
Hehe these made me chuckle i'm thinking of having a little run round north wales this saturday if you're interested? Nothing massive probably 120 miles or so starting from the Ponderosa

Oh and if you still aren't confident about finding Llangollen, I could collect you in Denbigh (assuming you can find your way there lol)

Last edited by sv4me; 06-06-11 at 05:03 PM.
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 08:47 PM   #13
dcv86

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Hehe these made me chuckle i'm thinking of having a little run round north wales this saturday if you're interested? Nothing massive probably 120 miles or so starting from the Ponderosa

Oh and if you still aren't confident about finding Llangollen, I could collect you in Denbigh (assuming you can find your way there lol)
haha. I know how to get to Denbigh, i was there today in A&D motorcycles trying not to buy this stunning Repsol Fireblade they have lol.

Unfortunately, i don't think i'm riding on saturday as i'm going to the 30th anniversary do of Woods in Abergele, i'm desperate for a go on the wheelie machine haha

Give me a shout next time you're thinking of heading down this way and i'll definately come out for a ride
Old 08-06-11, 11:17 PM   #14
xXBADGERXx

I dunno , I bought a bike from Woods and they haven`t even contacted me about this anniversary thingy
Old 09-06-11, 09:07 AM   #15
dcv86

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I dunno , I bought a bike from Woods and they haven`t even contacted me about this anniversary thingy

I don't know if they have been contacting people, but they're advertising it on their website and giving people little flyers when you go in, or they were when I went in a few weeks ago?

Looks like the sat will be quite good, "free BBQ" and wheelie machine sold it for me haha
Old 09-06-11, 02:44 PM   #16
sv4me
Mega Poster

Riiiiiight after a god awful week of work and the weather looking shoite for sunday, i'm definitely getting out this saturday

So about 11:30 starting out at the Ponderosa, i'm going on a little mystery tour of N Wales. Anyones welcome to join me, think my brother in law might be tagging along too. Don't worry about keeping up, he'll be on a cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcv86 View Post
Give me a shout next time you're thinking of heading down this way and i'll definately come out for a ride
Will do enjoy the wheelie machine, try not to flip it
Old 09-06-11, 03:39 PM   #17
christopher

Might see you Saturday then mate, getting new tyres fitted this evening (Michelin Pilot Road 3's) as current won't last for the GM week. So they'll need scrubbing in at some point. Won't be a quick day for me as will be taking it easy to get used to them but it shouldn't take much to beat the cruiser
christopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:00 PM   #18
Luckypants
Mega Poster

I can't do Saturday, otherwise I would quite fancy a bimble round.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 05:15 PM   #19
sv4me
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher View Post
Might see you Saturday then mate, getting new tyres fitted this evening (Michelin Pilot Road 3's) as current won't last for the GM week. So they'll need scrubbing in at some point. Won't be a quick day for me as will be taking it easy to get used to them but it shouldn't take much to beat the cruiser
Haha you'll think i'm lying but he's actually done trackdays on it cool mate, post up or send us a text on the day so I know you're coming should be there for 11ish to head out about half past

I know the feeling, the GM became £145 more expensive when I realised there was no way in hell the BT-023 on the back would make it there and back